2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

Saban leaving the SEC would be a dream come true for every non-Alabama fan in the SEC, and possibly in college football altogether.

It's not gonna happen.

Why not? He left the SEC once before.

And wound up right back in it.

Your posts read as if having Saban in Jacksonville is some kind of personal dream of yours. Perhaps it'd behoove you to revisit his time as Miami Dolphins head coach.

Oh—and yes ol' boy has a track record of disloyalty, so knowing that, what would make you think he wouldn't bolt from Duval the second another more lucrative offer showed up?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saban leaving the SEC would be a dream come true for every non-Alabama fan in the SEC, and possibly in college football altogether.

It's not gonna happen.

Why not? He left the SEC once before.

And wound up right back in it.

Your posts read as if having Saban in Jacksonville is some kind of personal dream of yours. Perhaps it'd behoove you to revisit his time as Miami Dolphins head coach.

Oh—and yes ol' boy has a track record of disloyalty, so knowing that, what would make you think he wouldn't bolt from Duval the second another more lucrative offer showed up?

Come on, man, Don't be a jackass. Read back, I said him going to Jax is an extremely rare chance. said I didn't think they had a real shot. I think he will go somewhere else though. If not this year, next he will. Just sayin, this sound like Spurrier. I buy the fact that the NFL is more attractive than the most prestigious of CFB schools to most coaches. I buy the fact that he wants to be king of the big boys. Why can't I believe that without an agenda?

It's not gonna happen.

I could easily see it happening. Saban seems like the type who doesn't want his ego to be permanently bruised by those crap Dolphins teams he coached.

And he kind of said that in an interview recently. That is why I think it could happen. And remember, I am arguing that he will be coaching in the NFL very soon. Not the Jags.

Local reporter is reporting that Andy Reid was told a few days ago that he wasn't going to be brought back and that they're just going to wait a day or three to do it the right way.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Andy Reid, along with the entire football universe, has known for a year that he wasn't coming back next season unless he took the Eagles to the Super Bowl. I'm not sure why everyone sees this as huge breaking news. :blink:

6uXNWAo.png

Because of the relationship he has with the owner. Despite the harsh words after last season, there were still scenarios in which he would return, including some that involved moving him up to the front office.

It absolutely would not have shocked me if they said he was coming back, albeit with some other major changes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Andy Reid needs to go away for a while. I'm not convinced his stuff works anymore.

And no, Nick Saban will not give up being the king of Alabama to merely coach in Jacksonville.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Black Monday Predictions:

Andy Reid - Out

Norv Turner - Out

Lovie Smith - Safe

Rex Ryan - Safe

Jim Schwartz - Safe

Ken Whisenhunt - Safe

Romeo Crennel - Out

Ron Rivera - Safe

Mike Munchak - Out

Dennis Allen - Safe

Chan Gailey - Out

Pat Shurmur - Out

Mike Mularkey - Safe

Jason Garrett - Safe

6uXNWAo.png

And no, Nick Saban will not give up being the king of Alabama to merely coach in Jacksonville.

I don't think anyone said that. I know I didn't.

Yeah I think I misinterpreted that earlier...my bad.

Anyway, yeah Andy Reid would probably be best served going the way of Bill Cowher...disappearing from the public eye. Anyone know of/hear any early rumors on what way Philadelphia is looking at going next?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Black Monday Predictions:

Andy Reid - Out

Norv Turner - Out

Lovie Smith - Safe

Rex Ryan - Safe

Jim Schwartz - Safe

Ken Whisenhunt - Safe

Romeo Crennel - Out

Ron Rivera - Safe

Mike Munchak - Out

Dennis Allen - Safe

Chan Gailey - Out

Pat Shurmur - Out

What about Mike Mularkey?

Andy Reid - Out

Norv Turner - Out

Lovie Smith - Safe (ugh)

Rex Ryan - Safe

Jim Schwartz - Safe

Ken Whisenhunt - Safe

Romeo Crennel - Out

Ron Rivera - Out

Mike Munchak - Out

Dennis Allen - Safe

Chan Gailey - Out

Pat Shurmur - Out

Mike Mularkey - Out

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I really wish the Bears would finally pull the trigger on Lovie this off-season. Unfortunately, I think those chances are barely greater than the Bears making the playoffs this season.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived