2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

Brian Kelly, Notre Dame.

Multi-faceted overseer with a knack for getting the most out of the talent around him.

Just don't ask him to oversee the lives of children. We know how that goes!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Kelly, Notre Dame.

Multi-faceted overseer with a knack for getting the most out of the talent around him.

Just don't ask him to oversee the lives of children. We know how that goes!

Hasn't this topic blown over yet? Sheesh.

-----

In non-play-on-words news, Lovie's not going to be granted his typical Monday press conference. Not sure if it means anything or not, but it's certainly A Thing.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

What's OFFICIAL so far: Teams have announced Pat Shurmur and Romeo Crennel have been given their pink slips. Rex Ryan will be returning.

The Browns, Jets and Jags have also fired their GMs.

Per Schefter: A.J. Smith out as GM in San Diego -- along with Norv.

6uXNWAo.png

Did Scott Pioli get fired along with Romeo Crennel? If not, why not? Gotta be an all-time terrible GM.

Sounds like Lovie might be gone after all. I can't believe it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Here in Arizona they are saying that if Whisenhunt is let go, it would be next week as it would be an ongoing negotiation of either staying and letting key coaches he trusts getting fired, or him sticking up for the said coaches and being fired. It could be an interesting week. If i'm Whisenhunt, I would just leave. The Bidwell family has always been the team to try to control the team from the players and coaches and basically made them cancers in the organization. From the news reports, Mike Bidwell wants to control how the Head Coach coaches and control the sidelines from there. He is basically trying to become a poor mans Jerry Jones. So in other words, Arizona is just going to become Arizona of old when there were barely any fans in the seats and mediocrity was the norm.

It shouldn't surprise me that players are emotional after a coach is fired, especially one that's been around as long as Lovie. Still Devin Hester is considering retiring, or so the twitterverse has led us to believe.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'm really surprised the Bears actually did it, but it was time for change even if it hasn't been Lovie's fault they've been struggling.

After making the Super Bowl in his third year, the Bears missed the playoffs 5 of the next 6 years. While, I don't blame Love for everything, he is the head coach and blame does fall on him. Hopefully Tice is right behind him out the door.

Archived