2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

UWM's most accomplished football alumnus, Mike Reinfeldt, has been relieved as COO of the Titans. Now he can take over as AD at his alma mater and revive our football program!!!!

</pipe dream mode>

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona cleaning house is nothing surprising. They were in a world of trouble once Kurt Warner retired, and the Kevin Kolb trade+contract might be one of the worst decisions we've seen an NFL team make in quite some time.

And it was one of those moves that any NFL fan worth his salt knew was going to blow up in their faces. This isn't Arm-Chair QB'ing - that was a terrible trade as soon as it was reported.

spacer.png

Ken Wisenhunt just got the axe in Arizona.

And of course they're going to bring in a coach that will be a kiss ass coach to the Bidwell Family

To think, the season started so well for Arizona. It just fell apart for them.

Also, who would want to kiss Bidwell's old wrinkly ass? I wouldn't. The coach's job is to win games... his job is to make sure that the coach has the right players to compete at a high level every season. Considering that both the 49ers and Seahawks are in the playoffs and the Rams were a tie away from a .500 season, the new coach is going to have to work hard to make headway in the NFC West.

Ken Wisenhunt just got the axe in Arizona.

And of course they're going to bring in a coach that will be a kiss ass coach to the Bidwell Family

To think, the season started so well for Arizona. It just fell apart for them.

Also, who would want to kiss Bidwell's old wrinkly ass? I wouldn't. The coach's job is to win games... his job is to make sure that the coach has the right players to compete at a high level every season. Considering that both the 49ers and Seahawks are in the playoffs and the Rams were a tie away from a .500 season, the new coach is going to have to work hard to make headway in the NFC West.

Dustin, no one wants to kiss any wrinkly old ass ;). But, reason why I say this is because Michael Bidwell, wants to take COMPLETE control of the not only the front office, but also the football field as well. Any kind of Bidwell influence is bad imo, only reason why they have been so bad in the past and in the upcoming future. Yes it may be the Coach's job to win games, but he must at least have full control to win the games without the owners telling you what to do when it comes to how to do your job in every infracture possible.

Goodbye Norv, and good riddance to AJ "The Lord of No Rings" Smith. The Chargers are also bringing in Ron Wolf to run the GM and coaching search, which is a good move. With the right hires, the Chargers could make a quick turnaround like the 49ers, Seahawks, and Colts pulled off. I'm finally optimistic about the future of this team again.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Andy Reid - Out yes!

Norv Turner - Out yes!

Lovie Smith - Safe (ugh) no and it feels so good

Rex Ryan - Safe yes!

Jim Schwartz - Safe yes!

Ken Whisenhunt - Safe no

Romeo Crennel - Out yes!

Ron Rivera - Out yes!

Mike Munchak - Out waiting

Dennis Allen - Safe yes!

Chan Gailey - Out yes!

Pat Shurmur - Out yes!

Mike Mularkey - Out waiting

bloodbath.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8078867-large.jpg

HEY YA :censored:IN :censored:S GUESS WHO DIDN'T GET FIRED TODAY. YOU GUYS THOUGHT I WAS GONNA TAKE THE FALL FOR GODDAMN TEBOW AND DUMBASS SANCHEZ? EHHHHT WRONG ANSWER KEN JENNINGS, "REX" DOESN'T MEAN "KING" FOR NOTHIN'. SO AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED YOU GUYS CAN KISS MY FEET AND SUCK MY BALLS. GOD GUYS I'M SORRY IT'S JUST BEEN A TOUGH FEW WEEKS AND ALL JUST LET ME BLOW OFF SOME STEAM HERE, AWRIGHT? BEEN BALLS-DEEP IN THIS NEW YORK POST BACK-PAGE CRAP FOR MONTHS HERE REALLY. JESUS. BUT YEAH. IN CONCLUSION, BOOOOO-YEAH. NOW IF YOU SHALL EXCUSE ME I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TO TEABAG JOE BENIGNO.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I can't help but feel a little bit bad for Wiz essentially getting the blame for the state of disrepair this team is in — who could win anything with Skelton, Kolb, Lindley, and Hoyer getting starts in one season? Management hardly did much to help him out this past offseason.

But if I'm him, I'm relieved. What a :censored: show.

In Lions-land:

It's worth noting, however, that Schwartz predicted in general terms that there will be changes this offseason. He said he had not yet spoken with his assistants about their futures because the season review process is still ongoing.

In NFL speak, Schwartz's noncommittal answer was a warning sign about what might be in store for his coaching staff. We've discussed the difficulty of assigning blame for this 4-12 season on anyone below the head-coaching level, but oftentimes in this league there are scapegoats for problems that extend beyond an individual coach's purview.

Please god, no more Linehan...

It actually makes me quite happy hearing about the player reaction to Lovie's firing. The time for a culture change was now, and if Hester and Urlacher want to throw a pissy fit and leave town, that's their prerogative. This wasn't an undeserved termination. Get over it or get an attorney prepared to negotiate an out in your contract so you can go play 8-8 ball for Lovie in Arizona.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

8078867-large.jpg

HEY YA :censored:IN :censored:S GUESS WHO DIDN'T GET FIRED TODAY. YOU GUYS THOUGHT I WAS GONNA TAKE THE FALL FOR GODDAMN TEBOW AND DUMBASS SANCHEZ? EHHHHT WRONG ANSWER KEN JENNINGS, "REX" DOESN'T MEAN "KING" FOR NOTHIN'. SO AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED YOU GUYS CAN KISS MY FEET AND SUCK MY BALLS. GOD GUYS I'M SORRY IT'S JUST BEEN A TOUGH FEW WEEKS AND ALL JUST LET ME BLOW OFF SOME STEAM HERE, AWRIGHT? BEEN BALLS-DEEP IN THIS NEW YORK POST BACK-PAGE CRAP FOR MONTHS HERE REALLY. JESUS. BUT YEAH. IN CONCLUSION, BOOOOO-YEAH. NOW IF YOU SHALL EXCUSE ME I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TO TEABAG JOE BENIGNO.

You forgot:

NOW LET'S GET A G-DAMNED SNACK!

:P

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

FYI, here are the values given to the owners for the Franchise and Transition Tags for 2013. The 2013 Salary Cap is proposed to be around $121 million.

CB: Franchise: $10.668 Transition: $8.939

DE: Franchise: $10.984 Transition: $8.994

DT: Franchise: $8.306 Transition: $6.919

K/P: Franchise: $2.926 Transition: $2.654

LB: Franchise: $9.455 Transition: $8.216

OL: Franchise: $9.660 Transition: $8.560

QB: Franchise: $14.642 Transition: $12.845

RB: Franchise: $8.079 Transition: $6.851

S: Franchise: $6.798 Transition: $5.899

TE: Franchise: $5.962 Transition: $5.105

WR: Franchise: $10.357 Transition: $8.716

It actually makes me quite happy hearing about the player reaction to Lovie's firing. The time for a culture change was now, and if Hester and Urlacher want to throw a pissy fit and leave town, that's their prerogative. This wasn't an undeserved termination. Get over it or get an attorney prepared to negotiate an out in your contract so you can go play 8-8 ball for Lovie in Arizona.

I said as much elsewhere, but the reason there was so much outcry from these players is that accountability for their play is looming. They're no longer going to have that father-figure with the nurturing drawl to tell them how good they are and re-assure them that (First Name) is our (Position), regardless of how many times they completely forget their receiver routes or cost the team yardage on returns because they spent forever waiting for a nonexistent seam to open up.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The NFL saw seven coaching fatalities on Black Monday. Incase you missed it, here's a recap of who's officially out .... so far:

Lovie Smith - Chicago

Andy Reid - Philadelphia

Norv Turner - San Diego

Ken Whisenhunt - Arizona

Pat Shurmur - Cleveland

Romeo Crennel - Kansas City

Chan Gailey - Buffalo

6uXNWAo.png

Question for Goth. (Will he be in this thread with his damn stable franchise?)

Jags are looking at Alonzo Highsmith. Got any info? Is he worth a damn? Hopefully he is smart enough to fire Mularkey.

Highsmith has been a Green Bay scout for 13 of his 14 seasons with the team, but he has only spent one season working in Green Bay in a management role. Previously, he was living in Texas.

Remember for GM hires, as well as for head coaching openings, teams still must comply with the "Rooney Rule".

Question for Goth. (Will he be in this thread with his damn stable franchise?)

Jags are looking at Alonzo Highsmith. Got any info? Is he worth a damn? Hopefully he is smart enough to fire Mularkey.

Highsmith has been a Green Bay scout for 13 of his 14 seasons with the team, but he has only spent one season working in Green Bay in a management role. Previously, he was living in Texas.

Remember for GM hires, as well as for head coaching openings, teams still must comply with the "Rooney Rule".

Yeah, I think you may have nailed it with the "Rooney Rule" thing.

I said as much elsewhere, but the reason there was so much outcry from these players is that accountability for their play is looming. They're no longer going to have that father-figure with the nurturing drawl to tell them how good they are and re-assure them that (First Name) is our (Position), regardless of how many times they completely forget their receiver routes or cost the team yardage on returns because they spent forever waiting for a nonexistent seam to open up.

Exactly. I just got the pleasure of seeing the same thing happen at Illinois. And it's always a difficult transition year when a team goes from a players coach to someone that's going to be tough on the players. I think it will be good for the Bears in the long run, being able to walk through the motions all the time and still keep your job is never a good thing.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived