Ultimate uniform fail

CrazyAnna

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First thought was that he cut it, but from google image searches it doesn't look like he has a history of cutting his jersey so be it from the cold or it ripping during the course of the game, it actually did crack.

But to call it the "ULTIMATE UNIFORM FAIL" is being hyperbolic. One guy in one game, out of the thousands of guys and hundreds of games this season had the logo tear on his jersey. Football's a violent sport and the uniform suffers because of it. It was bound to happen at some point.

Here's a jersey last year that got ripped. It happens.

6372569169_9a98fa54b8_z.jpg

Yet the NFL logo remains undamaged. :)

What are those things in the pants stripe, neck piping, numbers and helmet stripe?

It's supposed to be some sort of feather pattern.

Feather/Pacific Northwest American Indian art/Totem Pole effect. Also represents the 12th Man with twelve on each leg and collar.

Strongly disagree. The logo of the league the uniform is designed to be played in should never be destroyed or fall off. It should be held with the highest protection. I love Nike overall and have defended them countless times, so I did not intent on this being a Nike bashing thread. But I do hold Nike completely accountable for designing a plastic rubber NFL logo that could fall off or break under colder temperatures. Why didn't the make the Nike Swoosh logo on the sides out of this material as well?

1) You don't know what caused the cut the collar.

2) You're claiming negligence by the manufacturer when this is clearly an isolated incident. See #1.

3) As others have said, there is no such thing as an indestructable uniform

4) This is far from the worse thing that can happen. 99% of people wouldn't even notice unless they paused the game.

There is a lot of splitting hairs when it comes to uniforms design, but even this seems way over the top. If it was a widespread issue, a case could be made but you're blowing an isolated incident way out of proportion.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad you guys are so amused by my Photoshopped picture lol. Not only the green in the pants but making the sleeve triangle green also helps the jersey out too IMO.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Im kinda curious why anyone here would really have any loyalty to and defend a large corporation that could really careless about the everyman or woman like us , truly they are there to promote themselves as a company and thats exactly what they are doing, when it comes to uniforms that create controversy and say Hey look at us, i.e. the Seahawks or the university of Oregon, but Nike is not alone although they set the precedent, Addidas and Under Armour have followed their lead in making these uniforms that barely resemble anything that has to do with the team , but look like gaudy billboards... And the problem to me is when they promote themselves as high tech and Uni's that can stand up to anything but yet they don't live up to that billing...

"FlyWire" sounds like something that Billy Mays would sell, akin to Mighty Putty.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Im kinda curious why anyone here would really have any loyalty to and defend a large corporation that could really careless about the everyman or woman like us , truly they are there to promote themselves as a company and thats exactly what they are doing, when it comes to uniforms that create controversy and say Hey look at us, i.e. the Seahawks or the university of Oregon, but Nike is not alone although they set the precedent, Addidas and Under Armour have followed their lead in making these uniforms that barely resemble anything that has to do with the team , but look like gaudy billboards... And the problem to me is when they promote themselves as high tech and Uni's that can stand up to anything but yet they don't live up to that billing...

I think it's because the fringe of posters who see themselves as "modernists" and prefer modern and contemporary uniform designs identify Nike as the company at the fore-front of modern uniform design and technology and the company responsible for so many of the modern looks that they like. Sooooooo, an attack on Nike is an attack on their modernist philosophy.

Not saying that's not silly (it is), but I think that explains it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

surprised no one has posted this yet.

SeattleGreyTweaks-Pic.png

And this is the most Nike-fied of Nike's NFL uniforms.

I wonder if more teams will follow up the Seahawks, by adding a subliminal pattern to the numbers/helmet/pants stripes.

The Dolphins maybe?

Archived