365 Days of Baseball

JayJaxon

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed that your template shows pants from the mid-90s to the present are much baggier than those of the previous years. I'm sure the double-knit era had much tighter-fitting uniforms.

So is Tampa Bay's 2013 alternate using a tighter fit (as shown above with Milwaukee's 2012 home pants and the '73 Twins and '13 Rays), or is that an oversight?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I did the Tampa uniform like that because it's supposed to be like a 70's uniform. But I'm going to try it with the current-era uniform and see what it looks like. I made the decision to try that out anyway. Good eye though.

This is such a great thread, one of the best ever thought of. I have not been around for a while, so I am getting caught up.

I know you have your own sequence so I am not pushing for these. Just anticipating how you will handle the Pirates mix-n-match from the '70s, or the White Sox shorts, or Brooklyn satins for night games. I also love the surprise of trying to guess what each day will bring.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

I just noticed that you switched logos for your project/website. not sure how long ago you switched, but I just wanted to say that I like this new one a whole lot better. The old one, as I recall, had a little toomuch beveling for what it was. This new one depicts what the website is devoted to by showing a player in uniform(which is very well rendered might I add). I'm glad you kept the banner portion as well, as that was my favorite part of the old logo.

As for the uniforms go, keep up the good work, man. There hasn't been a single day in the past 46 days where I haven't stopped by this thread to check out the uni's of the day.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

The Arizona uniform here was supposed to have red accents...so I messed up there. I'll change it soon!

For those looking for 70's Pirates stuff, you are going to be in luck in a couple of days.

Also, I want to give credit to CJ Zilligen for the graphics package. What a talented guy. He really captured what I wanted and the feedback on the new logos really shows how great of a job he did.

DAY47_zps701264bc.png

As promised, something special for Day 50. This is actually part 1 of 2. Tomorrow will have even more crazy Pittsburgh combinations. Instead of just home/road/and alternates, I labeled these by combinations. I did label them all 1977 but I am working with an expert on the 70's Pirates who will tell me exactly how many combinations there are and what years they were worn. I think the 70's Pirates will be a very interesting article for my website in the near future. Anyway, enjoy!

DAY50_zpsc224c8ea.png

For the record, I think it's excellent that your template is high cuff only, as it should be.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived