365 Days of Baseball

JayJaxon

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Bill Henderson (Who's Game worn uniform guide as been an incredible resource for me) The Tigers ownership didn't like the idea of having jerseys with no name on the back, so they scrapped the blue alternate after only one season. If they felt that strongly about it, they should just put names on the back and called it a day. I think it's a very nice looking alternate.

Yeah, I think it's superior to their current uniforms.

Here's Day 8!

The Phillies new BP cap can be seen here as well as a couple of past uniforms. I remember seeing that Cubs uniform and thinking it looked alright. Then everyone started making the comparisons to the Cuba National team. The Cardinals don't experiment much, but they did go with numbers on both sleeves starting in 1979. This didn't last very long though.

DAY8_zps56f4d850.png

Loving this series. Great idea and execution. I still don't like the Cubs script for these reasons:

1) Too thick for one. If they thinned it out a little, maybe I'd go for it.

2) Club name being on the road jersey.

3) The aformentioned 's' looking like an 'a'.

4) White outline I could give or take. It does add a little extra pop. However, I keep thinking of the current Detroit Tigers road jersey and how unnecessary the white outline is.

On the 9th day, you get this:

DAY9_zpsc03c2784.png

Here's that Rangers uniform that was mentioned earlier, as well as the 1977 home uniform for the Giants. Then we have 3 recent uniforms highlighted by the LA Angels of Anaheim and their BP cap for 2013.

Day 11 is here. If you can't tell already, I've been working on some 70's Giants stuff, so that's why you see a lot of those right now. Here is the Pirates 2013 cap as well.

DAY11_zpsc1d23814.png

Although I'm not 'officially' taking requests, I'll be happy to hear what you guys want to see. I'm ahead on these by 7 days. All this means is I have been bouncing around teams and not concentrating on one team for too long. Once I get 3 weeks ahead, I will start concentrating on 'teams' more. With Batting Practice, alternates, patches, one season wonders, and complete overhauls, there are way more uniforms out there than the 1,825 I have committed to for this year.

With that being said, there are still a couple of roadblocks I am working to overcome. I cannot create any vests just yet because I'm waiting to get that template up and running. Each different uniform type you see is a different PSD file. After I get that one up and running, there will be several more combinations out there for me to create and you to see.

I encourage all of you to visit my website and go to the 'contribute' section. I will be keeping a running list of patches or scripts I need to be re-created. If you have the skill (and the time) I would appreciate any help re-creating these so I can continue to add to the database. Proper credit will be given to your contributions.

So there you have it! Day 11 is in the bag! Have an awesome Friday!

Here we can see the new Cincinnati Reds 'Los Rojos' jersey. To the best of my knowledge, this is how the entire uniform will look. If that changes once the season comes around, I'll make the proper corrections. These days we can look back fondly at the 1998 Devil Rays road jerseys. Then we see pictures of Wade Boggs wearing it and wonder what the hell that team was thinking! We get to see the last Astros BP uniform before going over to the American League for the 2013 season. After that are two new BP caps from Milwaukee and Baltimore. Enjoy everyone!

DAY12_zps89df97f2.png

Archived