365 Days of Baseball

JayJaxon

Compared to their current uniforms, these (Devil) Rays jerseys look... better. IDK, I've never been able to get behind their current identity, and as I look at their old sets compared to the current one, the gradient jerseys just stick out above the rest of the crop.

Maybe I need to head over to "Unpopular Opinions."

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Compared to their current uniforms, these (Devil) Rays jerseys look... better. IDK, I've never been able to get behind their current identity, and as I look at their old sets compared to the current one, the gradient jerseys just stick out above the rest of the crop.

Disagree. The current ones look like a baseball uniform. The originals, not even close. The stacked wordmarks, especially on the homes, took up almost the entire jersey from top to bottom, almost liked the stacked wordmarks in basketball, ie OKC and many college teams. Only the Devil Rays looked worse because covered a larger area. And the. Of course the gradients, which were just terrible.

Although I believe teams should have the city name on road uniforms, I think the current set for the Rays is pretty solid compared to what they had before. The gradient does make the 1998 set stand out alright. But that set looked dated just a year in. I'll take the new stuff any day.

Disagree. The current ones look like a baseball uniform. The originals, not even close. The stacked wordmarks, especially on the homes, took up almost the entire jersey from top to bottom, almost liked the stacked wordmarks in basketball, ie OKC and many college teams. Only the Devil Rays looked worse because covered a larger area. And the. Of course the gradients, which were just terrible.

The current Rays wordmark is pretty chunky and space-consuming, too. It's also in Georgia or a typeface that resembles Georgia, which I don't find suited to sports. It was only the prior set that really seemed to have the right scale for a baseball script.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Incredible how fast you are cranking these out. I just wish there was a clean way to display the pants' stripes for baseball uniforms.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Just noticed that that last two days are kinda blurry in quality compared to the first 11. Anyone else see that? It's probably not your fault, but just wanted to point it out.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

camly, yes defunct teams are going to be a part of this as well. I actually just finished a Senators display yesterday (to be shown on Day 20) and others will be included as well.

NDwas, I noticed the black outline is more crisp and easier to see on the ones I posted prior to two days ago. But if you click on them to see the full size, the hi-resolution is still there. I'm not really sure why it would be like that because I take great care to save them all the same.

Now we are officially past two weeks of doing this!

I am working on getting 30 days ahead of schedule so I can maintain a comfortable lead on the days. Right now I'm 8 days ahead. Also, you are seeing a lot of modern uniforms, but I really want to get those out of the way so I can get to a lot of the older stuff. I will continue to mix in older uniforms every once in a while, but doing the modern stuff right now is helping me a great deal to reach my goal. There is still a very long way to go but I'm looking forward to exploring the different uniforms.

DAY15.png

Archived