365 Days of Baseball

JayJaxon

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What made you decide of who/which uniform goes on the daily post?

What made you decide to not go the "simple" route as in Day 1: post AL West home uniforms, Day 2: Post AL Central home uniforms, Day X: Post Alternate Uniforms for NL Central, Day Y: Post throwbacks for NL East, etc etc etc.

Right now, it's just random to me.

Not questioning your method or whatever, just curious to why you're being random, that's all, haha.

Thanks.

It is completely random for the most part. I am trying to mix some old and new most days. It honestly just comes down to whatever I'm in the mood for. I do try to stay away from posting the same team on consecutive days, or posting the same team within one day. Although I will probably do some of that in the days ahead.

I kind of like the idea of having everything random. That way nobody really knows what to expect. Since I'm a few days ahead, sometimes I don't know what to expect until I upload it for that day, which is kind of cool too.

I am going to be working more on modern uniforms to get ready for the season since I am partnering up with Gridiron Uniforms guys to bring their baseball database up to par. But after that I will fully focus on different eras. That will reflect in the uniforms I post here.

I have a question. Are you going to do uniforms by the year that changes were made? For example, say you did a uniform, and listed it on the bottom as "Team Nickname 1992 Road". Would you then put the next jersey from that team, and the year they started using it? For example if the team started using a new jersey in 2000, yould you put "Team Nickname 2000 Road"?

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

If I am introducing a new uniform, most likely I will put it out from the year it was introduced. If it's one that has been out for a while, I will probably pick a year based on a memorial or stadium patch the team had. Since I am creating every uniform from every year, I will post a similar looking uniform if there is a change. For example:

I have already posted the Colorado Rockies home uniform for 2013. But in 1993 the team didn't wear numbers on the home uniform. So I will post that eventually too.

Some teams have small changes such as hats, piping, or numbers. I'll post those different uniforms, most likely in the year that change was made.

I used to love the mid-2000's Washington stuff, but looking back on it it just doesn't fit. The cursive works so much better.

If they had stuck with the original cap logos and MLB hadn't forced them to use the old Sens cap, then it would have been perfect.

Anubis.png

A beveled interlocking DC. There was also a navy blue Nationals script floating around the logo sheet, which makes you wonder if the homes were recolored to match the red W hat they were made to wear with an unrelated uniform.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I use the number 33 for all of my uniforms because I want everything to be the same. On this site, Chris uses 97 for all of the uniform numbers. It just looks better to have everything looking uniform and the same. As for why the number 33 is used, well the number 3 is special to me and baseball in general. For me, my dad wore the number when he played baseball. I wore it all through my playing days as well. Dale Murphy wore the number and he is one of my favorite players of all time. In baseball, the number is significant. You have the 90 feet between bases, 60 feet 6 inches from the mound to home, 3,000 hits, 300 wins, .300 batting average all divisible by 3, and in the case of the statistics, it shows greatness in a player. I wanted to use that tie-in. It also serves as a signature that the players wearing 33 were created by me. I just added the second 3 to show double-digit numbers on the jerseys as I think it's an important part of documenting the uniforms correctly.

With that said, let's move on to day 35!

DAY35_zps374cb2c8.png

Archived