Open Wheel Racing Chat 2013

rvrdgsfn

I don't like how much red there is, but it's not bad

Me either. I know they have to have some for the Total logo, but even so its a bit too much.

That Nose.... I'd wish it would go away, I hate it so much.

Well they said in the launch that if they find a way to add the vanity panel they would consider it. I wonder how many other teams are doing the same.

I am curious though, is Kimi a sponsor now or is this a new way to identify who's the driver?

Yeah it looks like they're copying McLaren with that, and not really doing a good job of it. I couldn't read the logo at first.. I kept wondering who Himi was.

Here's a surprise via Autosport:

HRT F1 entry and assets being pursued by new Scorpion Racing

A group of Canadian and American investors are pushing to try and secure HRT's entry slot in Formula 1, AUTOSPORT can reveal, but they may have to wait until 2014 before being allowed to join the grid.

Sources have revealed that negotiations to purchase the HRT company and secure an entry are at an advanced stage, and the plan for a team known as Scorpion Racing appears to have the blessing of F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone.

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/105319

6893352392_587cf4e9eb_n.jpg

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a surprise via Autosport:

HRT F1 entry and assets being pursued by new Scorpion Racing

A group of Canadian and American investors are pushing to try and secure HRT's entry slot in Formula 1, AUTOSPORT can reveal, but they may have to wait until 2014 before being allowed to join the grid.

Sources have revealed that negotiations to purchase the HRT company and secure an entry are at an advanced stage, and the plan for a team known as Scorpion Racing appears to have the blessing of F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone.

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/105319

A Canadian/American team getting into F1 with the blessing of Uncle Bernie?!??!?! :blink: Give me a second, I gotta see if Satan is skating to work.

In all honesty though, if they can get the right names & work well, this could work out for us, this could possibly get more American or Canadian drivers into F1 (I could always hope for Daly & Rossi to come in.) I doubt they make it this year though, 2014 is a possibility but its a huge long shot...

BTW, Rahal's showed off his paint scheme for INDYCar...

2013129201082_Graham%20Rahal_DR.jpg

Its a thing of beauty.

baltimoreravens.png

^Yeah the Scorpion thing does seem a little far fetched. Even if they did buy HRT lock, stock and barrel and got the F112 chassis there's a good chance that they'd be over the 107% at most of the venues.

As for the Rahal car.. that is stunning. Although you'd think they would've moved that step ladder before taking the promo shot. ;)

Everybody ia complaining "oh the 2013 cars are really 2012 in disguise" well it might not be here but it is elsewhere. Its supposed to be like that '12 regs are supposed to be a stopgap to '14 regs

In other news Audi has been rumored devolping a Daytona prototype in light of their recent Daytona 24 win and i hope to god they go DP. Im all for it more makes in racing in the US is great not only for us (the fans) but for the car companies themeselves. All Grand-Am needs is to retain ALMS Le Mans 24 hour ties

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

McLaren: Meet the new boss, same as the old which in my case, is fine the way it is. I always thought it was the nicer looking of the cars. The Prancing horse is tomorrow. The rumor of Audi getting into DP.... That would be excellent news. Hopefully they'll make the DP's front end look more like the car companies they represent, one can dream. The other rumor I keep hearing is Porsche is coming in with a modified 918 as a possible DP or P2 for next year in the merged Grand-AM ALMS

EDIT: How it may look & to help CapitalCanuck

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105349

1359651742.jpg

baltimoreravens.png

Hmmm, black on a Ferrari... out of the cars unveiled this one is my favorite. Force India is okay. Sauber is tomorrow, Sunday is Infiniti Red Bull & Mercedes is the 4th.

1st testing begins in Jerez on the 5th.

EDIT: Teaser for Red Bull

newego_LARGE_t_77761_233117.JPG

baltimoreravens.png

Say hello to Infiniti Red Bull.... With an emphasis on Infiniti....

Purple?! I'd normally be ok with it, but it looks like a bit of a clash with the red, white and blue.

I wonder if all Renault based cars will have the stooped nose?

I'm expecting the Caterham to have one anyway, just as its probably cheaper than profiling a new nose.

Say hello to Infiniti Red Bull.... With an emphasis on Infiniti....

Purple?! I'd normally be ok with it, but it looks like a bit of a clash with the red, white and blue.

To me the colour looks like an oil slick on top of a puddle of water.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived