Thrift Store Gems 2013

johnnysama

971324_993895838066_59408875_n.jpg

Went on a mission to buy a fitted Charlotte Hornets cap today. FootAction finally had the fitted hat I wanted after everywhere else only had snapbacks or the one with the huge ugly HWC logo on the back. Tag says $28 but it rang up $5. Today was a good day.

Also: Winston-Salem Warthogs 5950 at Goodwill for $2. It's a 7 1/2 (too big for me) but pretty sure it's spoken for.

I have a sick half purple, half teal snap back, wish i could send a picture of it

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

971324_993895838066_59408875_n.jpg

Went on a mission to buy a fitted Charlotte Hornets cap today. FootAction finally had the fitted hat I wanted after everywhere else only had snapbacks or the one with the huge ugly HWC logo on the back. Tag says $28 but it rang up $5. Today was a good day.

Also: Winston-Salem Warthogs 5950 at Goodwill for $2. It's a 7 1/2 (too big for me) but pretty sure it's spoken for.

FootAction is still a thing? I loved that store.

Edit: Just looked it up. There are 3 stores in Philly. I assumed when it moved out of the local mall, they went out of business.

• 2 weeks later...

couple of sabres shirts from thrift store. $4 each.

The Miller Buffaslug in an XL (a bit big for an XL), classic logo is a large (a little snug for a large) but fit well enough for me.

sabres_shirts_zps85afb330.jpg

sabres_shirts_back_zps2a279425.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

couple of sabres shirts from thrift store. $4 each.

The Miller Buffaslug in an XL (a bit big for an XL), classic logo is a large (a little snug for a large) but fit well enough for me.

sabres_shirts_zps85afb330.jpg

sabres_shirts_back_zps2a279425.jpg

Awesome! I picked up an identical Briere shirt a few months ago.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

QB8Dbt7.jpg

American Needle Tiger-Cats hat. $5 at a garage sale.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I picked up a used 1996 through 1999 Tampa Bay Lightning third jersey at Goodwill this afternoon for $15. It has definitely been worn and washed a few times, but it will be fun to wear.

(NOTE: THESE ARE NOT PICTURES OF THE JERSEY I BOUGHT.)

I have a question. My jersey has the inside and tail tags of this first jersey. What is the difference between that jersey and the one below it (besides the customization)?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I believe the only difference is the year of manufacture. I think CCM only used the cloth hem tagging in the bottom pic for its replicas in the 1998-99 season.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I picked up a used 1996 through 1999 Tampa Bay Lightning third jersey at Goodwill this afternoon for $15. It has definitely been worn and washed a few times, but it will be fun to wear.

(NOTE: THESE ARE NOT PICTURES OF THE JERSEY I BOUGHT.)

I have a question. My jersey has the inside and tail tags of this first jersey. What is the difference between that jersey and the one below it (besides the customization)?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Like Sodboy said, the only difference is the year of manufacture. Sometime in the mid-90's, CCM updated their replica/"semi-pro" line. The hem-tag in the upper photo is earlier. The authentics had an NHL shield there, and the semi-pro's had a mini team logo. For some reason, they scrapped that idea near the end of the decade and started using the tag on semi-pros instead, like what you see on the bottom photo.

This has been quite a day for me........ found a Seahawks Warren Moon jersey for $10 at a Goodwill (which I got) and a Lake Erie Monsters jersey for $13 at another used-clothing store (which I didn't get). Quite a day....

UBwef0L.png

Archived