Thrift Store Gems 2013

johnnysama

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the weekend, picked up a Brewers BP hat like the one below at Ross for $8. Passed on Phillies, Cubs, and White Sox. Friend bought an Astros brick red 5950 for the same price.

pMLB2-10772063dt.jpg

And today, I discovered a new thrift store in Greensboro that's the biggest thrift store I've ever seen. They had an entire section of probably 250 hats. I picked up an Indiana Lids Easy-Fit hat signed by DJ White for $2.

2013-08-06225620_zpsb68c04c1.jpg

DJ White's signature, for comparison:

sUef.jpg

If anybody's an IU fan and interested in the hat, I don't want it, and would be happy to let it go cheap. I just figured it was worth at least $2.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Over the weekend, picked up a Brewers BP hat like the one below at Ross for $8. Passed on Phillies, Cubs, and White Sox. Friend bought an Astros brick red 5950 for the same price.

pMLB2-10772063dt.jpg

And today, I discovered a new thrift store in Greensboro that's the biggest thrift store I've ever seen. They had an entire section of probably 250 hats. I picked up an Indiana Lids Easy-Fit hat signed by DJ White for $2.

sUef.jpg

If anybody's an IU fan and interested in the hat, I don't want it, and would be happy to let it go cheap. I just figured it was worth at least $2.

That reminds me i saw a few in ross, they had a light blue rays bp hat, hmm maybe I shoulda gotten it.

I got the light blue rays bp hat at Ross.

I get some pretty good deals at work as well, I can grab the clearance gems as soon as they get marked down.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

pMLB2-10772063dt.jpg

sUef.jpg

Value Village? Carolina Thrift?

Nope, I forget the name of it, but it's on West Market at the intersection with Spring Garden/Muirs Chapel, in the complex with Food Lion. It used to be a Marshall's.

Dig the UNCG avatar!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Nope, I forget the name of it, but it's on West Market at the intersection with Spring Garden/Muirs Chapel, in the complex with Food Lion. It used to be a Marshall's.

Dig the UNCG avatar!

So when you said "new" you literally meant new, not just new to you. Thats awesome, Ill have to pop by this weekend!

Cant say Im a huge fan of the Winthrop sig (not that UNCG is in the Big South anymore), but love seeing Spiro (will always call him Sparty) in your avatar!

Archived