Thrift Store Gems 2013

johnnysama

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not pics of my actual finds, but I picked these up at Value Village last month for $10-15 each:

Jamario Moon Swingman (the one with screen-printed words/numbers) of the Raptors' black alternate. By my (limited) basketball understanding, he is the NBA equivalent of Fabian Brunnstrom, but it's a nice addition to the collection nonetheless.

Ladainian Tomlinson Chargers replica (with the rubbery numbers).

cfea07b1437b656d.jpg

And the best of the bunch - a blank pre-Edge Vancouver Canucks replica. The crest is kind of peeling a bit at one corner, but I don't care.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Not a thrift store purchase, but a discount from the team store:

I bought this in long sleeve for 15 euros + shipping (which ended up being $40):

New-Nottingham-Forest-Home-Kit-2012-13.j

They were deep discounted because Forest switched makers to adidas, which in turn designed these less-elegant shirts for this season:

9444226985_9688759652_k.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Don't have a picture of it, but I picked up a Seattle Mariners jersey(no letters or numerals, just a blank jersey on the back) at a Goodwill store in Federal Way, WA a couple months back.

It was size 2XL, and I picked it up for a mere $9.99; on another subject, i've been looking for NHL, CFL, Minor League Baseball or Arena Football shirts or jerseys at thrift stores locally, but haven't managed to find that many(I live in the Seattle-Tacoma area, so that might have a lot to do with it).

I did find a nice Chicago Blackhawks shirt at a local Goodwill store a week or so ago, but it was not in my size so I passed it up; I also found a Tacoma Rainiers shirt(the local minor league baseball team, and the Triple A affiliate of the Seattle Mariners) for a decent price at Value Village earlier this year, but because it was not in my size I passed it up as well.

Found a Vancouver Grizzlies lamp at my local Value Village, but I decided not to pull the trigger. Also saw a Dion Phaneuf counterfeit, and you can probably guess whether it not I bought it.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

World Baseball Classic Puerto Rico size 7 3/4 cap that was $1.99 at a local Savers. That Savers has always been good for caps and baseball jerseys. (I once got Roman Pro 1920s Yanks and 1910s White Sox repros with leather hands for $1-2 each, a few major league hats, a few minor league hats (Tampa Yankees) and jerseys that fit my dad - he's a M/L, I'm a 2XL.)

mmRKbRL.jpg

It is with a broad smile and great pride I present a late 70's Bengals jersey of (wait for it....)Pat McInally.

Compliments of a Goodwill in KY.

Mcinally_zps792cc2cb.jpg

Will buy. Right now. Have dollars. Sentence fragments.

Sigs are for sissies.

• 2 weeks later...

Found a Miroslav Satan Sabres road jersey (like the one seen below) at a local Salvation Army for $6. Snatched that right up. The only differences from the picture shown is that the one I found does not have the NHL 2000 patch and is a CCM.

Satan2.JPG

I've never liked Buffalo, but Geez that was sweet look. Jealousy!

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Archived