Thrift Store Gems 2013

johnnysama

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wear that in Scottsdale and you'll get complimentary bottle service.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Picked this up at Value Village for $6. Have seen the baseball team's caps every so often and some sweatshirts (usually too small) but this is the first time I had seen a jacket and it was in my size.

Team is the Thunder Bay Whiskey Jacks from the Northern League. Team was around in the 90's (as if you can't tell from the colour choices). Whiskey Jack is another name for the Grey (or Gray) Jay or Canada Jay.

P1510898_zps03a2b16d.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Wow. I've never seen a jersey in any of the play it again sports stores I have been to. Great find!

I saw a Kovalchuk authentic at a different one awhile back ago. Asking price was too much. Some of the Play It Again stores around me sell various jerseys. Most are used but some are NWT. This was a steal.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

• 3 weeks later...

Found another cool item at a Goodwill store locally; picked up a Washington State University football jersey with the number 82(I think) that was in my size for $7.99 last Saturday.

By the way, if there are any Washington State University alums or longtime fans on the board, maybe someone can tell me who wore that number; if it helps any, the jersey looked like one that the WSU football team might have worn in the mid or late 80s, sometime in the 90s, or possibly in 2000, 2001, or 2002.

Found another cool item at a Goodwill store locally; picked up a Washington State University football jersey with the number 82(I think) that was in my size for $7.99 last Saturday.

By the way, if there are any Washington State University alums or longtime fans on the board, maybe someone can tell me who wore that number; if it helps any, the jersey looked like one that the WSU football team might have worn in the mid or late 80s, sometime in the 90s, or possibly in 2000, 2001, or 2002.

Does it have gray panels on the sides, or is it solid crimson with stripes on the sleeves? Any chance you can post a picture?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Does it have gray panels on the sides, or is it solid crimson with stripes on the sleeves? Any chance you can post a picture?

I can try; any idea how to post a picture directly from an Ipod Touch, as that's what I have it stored on at the moment.

I can try; any idea how to post a picture directly from an Ipod Touch, as that's what I have it stored on at the moment.
Download the photobucket app. Upload to there, copy/paste the URL.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Ask and ye shall receive :) :

http://s803.photobucket.com/user/Mysteryfan1969/media/null_zpsb7abe0f4.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Ask and ye shall receive :) :

http://s803.photobucket.com/user/Mysteryfan1969/media/null_zpsb7abe0f4.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Wish I could tell you who that was supposed to be, but I'm drawing a blank. Looks like it's from the early-to-mid 90s. I like that jersey - great find.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I wish I could find more cheap jerseys that are brand new like a lot of you guys seem to score. I'm probably going to hit up Hockey Life (a store here) that has a Capitals winter classic jersey for $60 and they will negotiate. They also have old All-Star game jerseys for $60 or so.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Archived