Thrift Store Gems 2013

johnnysama

The middle one is probably from 1976, and is a Denver Bears Pillbox cap either way. Its a minor league hat.

The bottom looks to be a fan replica phillies cap.

The top one I think should be a CFL or USFL hat.

Yea, i'm starting to think the P one is some kind of bootleg phillies hat. Thanks for the info!

Top hat is the Baltimore Stars of the USFL. (I mean, it spots you both "Baltimore" and "Stars")

Middle is definitely a Denver Bears hat from the early 1980s.

Bottom is probably a minor league or college hat. Definitely not a knock-off since it's a New Era. There are a million possibilities of a team with a red/white/blue color scheme and initial P.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Local TJ Maxx has authentic UNC football jerseys for $25. The tackle twill ones are priced the same as the screened ones, probably a mistake.

Also saw a 1970s Buccaneers jacket at a thrift store. Didn't pull the trigger, but thought it was interesting.

2013-11-06191439_zps737339a5.jpg

2013-11-06191457_zps866297eb.jpg

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

This has been quite a fruitful past two days for me; I found a 1997-2007 era Canucks sweater with a company logo on it for $10, then an Everett Aquasox BP jersey for $6, a blank red late-1990s Seattle Supersonics jersey for $4, and then a early-1970s era Roberto Clemente jersey for $4.

Today, I got a 1990s Mariners BP jersey for $5, and an unknown football jersey for $2. :D I am proud of myself. :D

UBwef0L.png

Hey fellas,

I just bought a hockey sweater from this user on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/usr/dsportski

Do you all think the jerseys he's selling look legit? They do to my naked eye, so I pounced on a buy it now price for a Caps one he had.

I'm just a little nervous/paranoid, I've never really bought anything off of eBay

90758391980.gif

Hey fellas,

I just bought a hockey sweater from this user on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/usr/dsportski

Do you all think the jerseys he's selling look legit? They do to my naked eye, so I pounced on a buy it now price for a Caps one he had.

I'm just a little nervous/paranoid, I've never really bought anything off of eBay

They look legit

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Jeremy Roenick Blackhawks jersey for $16. Very tempted to buy it, considering he was in his prime when I was born and I need a Blackhawks jersey. Would I be an idiot to not buy it guys?

$_57.JPG

Yes, you'd be an idiot not to buy.

The numbers are missing the outline.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Well, name and number look to be screened on anyway. Aren't they nearly impossible to remove?

Maybe you can get a nameplate and numbers and hope they can cover up the screened-on stuff.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

that's a bad knockoff and looks like it.

Here's what it should look like:

671541290_tp.jpg

Haha, as you post a picture of a knockoff.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Archived