Thrift Store Gems 2013

johnnysama

that's a bad knockoff and looks like it.

Here's what it should look like:

671541290_tp.jpg

This looks much worse than the other in my opinion. This one is obviously fake. The other could at least pass for a 90's replica with the assumption that replica hockey sweaters weren't of great quality in that time period. It wouldn't shock me if the original jersey in question was a legitimate replica.

90758391980.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently somebody dumped a bunch of Russell sample jerseys at the Goodwill in my hometown. They all have the tags (so obviously not game-worn) but they're definitely game style jerseys.

Picked up: red Western Kentucky, black Western Kentucky, green Ohio (all basketball)

Passed on quite a few others, but nothing really worthy of mention except a navy Georgia Tech women's basketball jersey.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Apparently somebody dumped a bunch of Russell sample jerseys at the Goodwill in my hometown. They all have the tags (so obviously not game-worn) but they're definitely game style jerseys.

Picked up: red Western Kentucky, black Western Kentucky, green Ohio (all basketball)

Passed on quite a few others, but nothing really worthy of mention except a navy Georgia Tech women's basketball jersey.

Might be interested in a WKU jersey if the price is low

Might be interested in a WKU jersey if the price is low
Me as Well.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I think my brother got the give-one-get-two thing pretty good this time. He recently picked up the old brick red Astros hat for me. Tonight at Ross, I lucked out and found the Sox throwback and black A's hats that will fit him (for under $20 too).

Hats.jpg

Also, saw this Blaine Gabbert lower level Nike jersey.

gabbert.jpg

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Yeah, there are TONS of New Eras at Ross. I've seen lots of: green White Sox (St. Pats?), the SOX throwback you posted, black A's, brick red and black Astros, Cubs and White Sox BP 3930s, DC Stars & Stripes, old logo Jags and Dolphins.

I picked up a navy Padres hat with the khaki lettering, $7.99

Also found an adidas Ethiopia jacket at a thrift store today. I'll post pics, this thing is great.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Nice, good to see a lot of folks here are finding New Era caps at Ross. I picked up a New Era Patriots logo cap for $13 earlier today. It has the old script wordmark on the back of the cap. They had a Toronto Blue Jays cap but it was too small.

sig.jpg

Nice, good to see a lot of folks here are finding New Era caps at Ross. I picked up a New Era Patriots logo cap for $13 earlier today. It has the old script wordmark on the back of the cap. They had a Toronto Blue Jays cap but it was too small.

Got pics? Would love to see it!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Got pics? Would love to see it!

Sure

IMG_4158_zps436a062c.jpg

IMG_4160_zps6db98e53.jpg

sig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Year's almost over, and at the Crown Hill (Seattle) Value Village I find a BP Pawtucket Red Sox cap for $5 and an old Appleton Foxes (remember them?) cap for $2. :D Not bad, not bad.....

do you have pics of the paw sox hat?

I will have them pretty soon. :) (While I do own another PawSox hat, it's their normal standard issue one.)

EDIT: As promised........

IMG_20131221_180821_500_zps15db7a9c.jpg

While it was a size 7 5/8, and I'm normally a size 7 1/2, I tried it on and amazingly, it fit me, so I got it. :D

UBwef0L.png

Archived