Thrift Store Gems 2013

johnnysama

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't take any pics but the Ross store in Victorville, CA had last year's Man City Jerseys for $16 and authentic England jerseys with rainbow crosses on the shoulders for $15. I hadn't realized they were fleece.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Picked these up yesterday at the local T.J. Maxx...for a whopping $3.00 apiece.

51-04809-Y.jpgb14e5b8f0a4843b146853ce.jpg

Damn, that's good. We usually only have Vikings jerseys here, and wasn't expecting the Creamsicle Bucs to come around. Sure enough, they did, and sure enough not in my size. Or, my size sold out right away, per usual.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

How's this?

I got an email a few weeks back from a vintage clothing collector who found these in a Las Vegas antique mall:

Leo_Jersey1.jpgLeo_Jersey2.jpg

Leo_Jacket1.jpgLeo_Jacket2.jpg

I referred him to an auction house/authenticator, and they were deemed to be late 1940s Green Bay Packers worn by Buford "Baby" Ray.

They're up for auction now, current bids total just under $10,000 for the pair.

https://www.mearsonlineauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=53055

Those are thrift store gems.

Went to a local discount retailer that usually has deep discounted stuff, but usually nothing but junk.

That is until today.

$8 each, with tags. Despite neither being any of my teams, purchased them anyways and posted on ebay.

sioux.jpg

sioux2.jpg

heat.jpg

To be honest, I dont really know much about hockey jerseys. How rare is the ND jersey? What is retail on those usually?

Went to a local discount retailer that usually has deep discounted stuff, but usually nothing but junk.

That is until today.

$8 each, with tags. Despite neither being any of my teams, purchased them anyways and posted on ebay.

sioux.jpg

sioux2.jpg

heat.jpg

To be honest, I dont really know much about hockey jerseys. How rare is the ND jersey? What is retail on those usually?

How the hell did you get that Sioux jersey for $8??! Wow.

edit: How rare is the jersey? Well, UND can no longer use the Sioux nickname, so there is a big push for people to snatch up merch with it on there. Also, the WCHA will no longer be what it is after this year, and you have a fight strap on it. I'd say you hit the jackpot on this one.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Just like the poster earlier in the thread I saw some NHL Practice jerseys

IMG_0785_zpse8acae91.jpg

I bought the black one. They also had one in white.

I passed on a Cubs Soriano jersey, and an England soccer jersey. It had these odd designs on the shoulders

sig.jpg

What/where was the store for those Sioux jerseys?!

Bought it at a store called "Fallas Paredes". Part of a company called National Stores, Inc, so if you are in California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico & Nevada, make a visit.

UPDATE: I checked all stores within 50 mile radius of where I am at, no luck on additional Sioux jerseys. I'll keep an eye out for 'em. Cheers.

What/where was the store for those Sioux jerseys?!

Bought it at a store called "Fallas Paredes". Part of a company called National Stores, Inc, so if you are in California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico & Nevada, make a visit.

UPDATE: I checked all stores within 50 mile radius of where I am at, no luck on additional Sioux jerseys. I'll keep an eye out for 'em. Cheers.

Turns out I have one of these in town. I'm gonna check it out. Awesome pickup on the Sioux jersey!

sig.jpg

Got a call from the same consignment store that I found a bunch of Nike Panthers stuff at last October - somebody (presumably the same guy that unloaded the Panthers gear) dropped off a ton of Ravens stuff this time.

Obviously I'm not interested, but I went to check it out - 5 counterfeit Nike sewn jerseys, 3 legit Nike replicas, ton of Nike tees. Jerseys: white Rice, black Rice, purple Flacco @ $35.99, all size Medium. Tees: most of this season's Nike designs, all size L, $10.99.

Anybody want anything, let me know. Would need $ for gas/shipping and would appreciate a few bucks thrown my way. Pretty good deal on the jerseys.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived