Thrift Store Gems 2013

johnnysama

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What/where was the store for those Sioux jerseys?!

Bought it at a store called "Fallas Paredes". Part of a company called National Stores, Inc, so if you are in California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico & Nevada, make a visit.

UPDATE: I checked all stores within 50 mile radius of where I am at, no luck on additional Sioux jerseys. I'll keep an eye out for 'em. Cheers.

That's awesome. I was one of the winners of your auctions (know a couple other people who got some from you as well). As a Sioux jersey fanatic you have made me quite depressed that these were available for $8, haha.

On a side note...I'm guessing these were from the "Fire Sale" they had about a year and a half ago. There was a fire at Ralph Engelstad Arena (home of the team formerly known as the Sioux), and for insurance purposes, most of the jerseys were sold at an extreme discount or otherwise discarded by other means. The fire wasn't very widespread (started in one of the rinks speakers), and most of the merchandise in the Sioux Shop in the concourse wasn't affected, but had to be claimed on insurance. There was some pretty wicked deals at that sale as well, and like I said, there was no noticeable smell or anything.

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

Here's some stuff I picked up at various thrift stores over the last couple weeks for a total under $20.

Canucks toque along with a Minnesota hat, A hardcover of "Tropic of Hockey", a 2010 Canada olympic hooded sweatshirt, and a World Juniors jersey.

northdakota_iihf_etc_zpsd07054f1.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

What/where was the store for those Sioux jerseys?!

Bought it at a store called "Fallas Paredes". Part of a company called National Stores, Inc, so if you are in California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico & Nevada, make a visit.

UPDATE: I checked all stores within 50 mile radius of where I am at, no luck on additional Sioux jerseys. I'll keep an eye out for 'em. Cheers.

I don't know where you are but I hit one of these stores on the west side of Fort Worth yesterday. It had a Goodwill store next to it so the two for one exploration was worth it. The Fallas Paredes store had some Man U and FC Barcelona stuff, but that was about it. A dry run but worth a shot. There's one on the north side I'll try to scope out today.

Got a call from the same consignment store that I found a bunch of Nike Panthers stuff at last October - somebody (presumably the same guy that unloaded the Panthers gear) dropped off a ton of Ravens stuff this time.

Obviously I'm not interested, but I went to check it out - 5 counterfeit Nike sewn jerseys, 3 legit Nike replicas, ton of Nike tees. Jerseys: white Rice, black Rice, purple Flacco @ $35.99, all size Medium. Tees: most of this season's Nike designs, all size L, $10.99.

Anybody want anything, let me know. Would need $ for gas/shipping and would appreciate a few bucks thrown my way. Pretty good deal on the jerseys.

Is this in Greensboro? I'm on a client here (again)...where do you find this stuff?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Pizzaman: From where?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived