Thrift Store Gems 2013

johnnysama

Some of the Ross & TJ Maxx finds posted here have been great. My local Ross in SC carries no jerseys, but Panthers hats nobody wants and plenty of cheap overseas ENYCE & FUBU ghetto wear that can be found cheaper in the local Salvation Army. Must be a regional thing. Mens section at Ross store is mostly empty space with some half empty racks. Almost a joke...looks like a store with problems getting merchandise. Usually not a good sign. Local buzz on Ross is it's a store on the way out of this market, selection is so bad.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked up this hat at Goodwill for $0.79 today. It's the Spartanburg Stingers, a former member of the Coastal Plain League. It's that mesh BP style, I can't find any pictures to confirm, but I'm guessing they didn't have separate BP hats, so this is probably the main one.

AlxtxBr.jpg

Some of the Ross & TJ Maxx finds posted here have been great. My local Ross in SC carries no jerseys, but Panthers hats nobody wants and plenty of cheap overseas ENYCE & FUBU ghetto wear that can be found cheaper in the local Salvation Army. Must be a regional thing. Mens section at Ross store is mostly empty space with some half empty racks. Almost a joke...looks like a store with problems getting merchandise. Usually not a good sign. Local buzz on Ross is it's a store on the way out of this market, selection is so bad.

This sounds exactly like the TJ Maxx in my town. Since a Ross just opened last week I figure they'll either step up their game and get better merchandise or they'll end up closing.

Charleston is so lame TJ Maxx doesn't even exist anymore. Now there's a Burke's outlet. But yes, your point about SC stores like this is spot on. They absolutely suck and nobody wants Panthers gear lol

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Not sure where you're at in SC, but the Ross I used to frequent in Rock Hill was always understocked. But not as bad as the ones in Greensboro - walking in, it's like you've timewarped into a 1980s Soviet store.

The only reason I even go in Ross is that they're typically nearby TJMaxx, and Ross stocks men's footwear (often in 13/14) while TJMaxx doesn't carry men's shoes at all.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

With Josh Cribbs ending his time with the Browns, I'll have to start checking TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Dicks for Cribbs Nike jerseys on sale. Looking to pick up an Away Cribbs. Favorite player from the New Browns era, and as a fellow Kent State alumn there is always that.

70389454.png

Those look like the "premier" version of the authentic shorts. I say that since the holes are screen printed on rather than laser cut. Usually those are $45 and the ones with the actual air holes are $60

Those look like the "premier" version of the authentic shorts. I say that since the holes are screen printed on rather than laser cut. Usually those are $45 and the ones with the actual air holes are $60

The shorts do have the laser cut holes. The Nike tag said they retailed for $60.

The shorts do have the laser cut holes. The Nike tag said they retailed for $60.

Guess I didn't look hard enough at the pic, then yes, those would be the authentic shorts. Nice find. Would love to find an orange pair at my local Ross. Doubt it though, we never have cool stuff.

A lot of the marshalls and tj maxx's have had authentic Illinois jerseys

I've seen the jerseys and shorts online being clearanced out too. It surprises me because they aren't supposed to get new uniforms until 2014 when the rebrand Illinois is doing with Nike is done. Maybe it's going to be completed sooner than originally thought.

Well played, sir. Gorgeous jersey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived