NFL Expansion Orlando Concept

GotPixels

Waayyyyyy too much going on here. The logo doesn't even seem original...as it's presented on a black background image. It's way too overdesigned to be a sports logo anyways (well, the Arena Football League wouldn't get that, but we here know more about good design than the AFL).

The helmet is too busy, the pants stripe doesn't make sense. Why the random black band?

There's an okay theme behind all of this, but the execution isn't very good. The plain block numbers don't help either.

Just having fun people. It is after all, a concept. :oops:

We all have fun posting concepts, but we also have a little common sense to use accurate logos, *cough* NFC conference. As well as some time and effort into them.

Sorry to ruffle feathers for posting a silly concept. My bad. I will refrain from disgracing this forum in the future, Geez.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Well okay lets just look at this positively. It is a start. Go with plain black helmets with the logo you have. It should be easy because the logo is already on a black background. Use the red jersey with white/black/red pants (doesn't matter) at home, all white on the road, and all black alt. Come up with a unique, but reasonable pants and jerseystripe. Again, this is an NFL concept, before you post it, image what you have being in the NFL.

UnitedStatesofCollegeFootball-5.png

Revisions to the silly concept. :upside:

Simplified logo Concept. Yes it is an original idea based on logos from the past ( I did research believe it or not). Simplified, more unified palette.

The NFC Logo patch is an idea only, not meant to be too far out of the box. I think it would be pretty cool to have each team have a conference patch. Just using common sense.

Peace.

orlandoblazershome.jpg

orlandoblazersaway.jpg

orlandoblazersalternate.jpg

blazershomealt2.jpg

Why are they wearing white at home? I would like to see orange pants with the alt or home and why is the NFC logo on the chest?

I screwed that up. The Away set was meant to be the Home set. I'll give the orange pants a go. The NFC patch? I was trying to see, in my mind, where it would be once the jersey is over the shoulder pads.

I also thought it would balance out with the Captain patch on the other side.

The accuracy that GoNordiques was talking about is you are using an outdated NFC conference logo. The new one has 4 stars: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/1012/National_Football_Conference/

Try not to be so defensive. When you post a concept here aren't you looking for constructive criticism? I admit that in many cases the wording of the criticism could be a little more positive, but in general everyone wants to see something great posted on these boards.

Usually the comments are weighed by how talented and experienced the artist is. Judging by your execution and presentation its clear you have the talent to create something really great, so people will expect more from you than someone who posts concepts in paint.

I think that you should try to create some brighter colors for this concept. I really like the helmet and use of orange and gold, although I’d like to see it executed without the gradient on the logo if possible. And then with the uniforms, I actually think you over simplified. You can have a unique striping pattern if you want, but I think your original post was a little too extreme. Orange and Black doesn't really scream heat, sun, blaze, Florida to me,

So I would suggest, simplify the logo a bit to remove the gradient but I do like the orange and gold color. And for the uniforms, keep that color scheme going, minimize the black, and you can make the striping interesting, just don’t overdo it.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

The accuracy that GoNordiques was talking about is you are using an outdated NFC conference logo. The new one has 4 stars: http://www.sportslog...all_Conference/

Try not to be so defensive. When you post a concept here aren't you looking for constructive criticism? I admit that in many cases the wording of the criticism could be a little more positive, but in general everyone wants to see something great posted on these boards.

Usually the comments are weighed by how talented and experienced the artist is. Judging by your execution and presentation its clear you have the talent to create something really great, so people will expect more from you than someone who posts concepts in paint.

I think that you should try to create some brighter colors for this concept. I really like the helmet and use of orange and gold, although I’d like to see it executed without the gradient on the logo if possible. And then with the uniforms, I actually think you over simplified. You can have a unique striping pattern if you want, but I think your original post was a little too extreme. Orange and Black doesn't really scream heat, sun, blaze, Florida to me,

So I would suggest, simplify the logo a bit to remove the gradient but I do like the orange and gold color. And for the uniforms, keep that color scheme going, minimize the black, and you can make the striping interesting, just don’t overdo it.

Hey, I appreciate the critique. My reply was really just sarcasm and that usually gets misinterpreted on messages boards. I do this stuff as a hobby. I like to sharpen my skills with programs/software and this is a great way to do it. I don't take it that seriously and I apologize if I offended anyone by making you think that my approach was flippant. It's not. I love design.

The NFC logo is information that I can use for sure. As in, I should have paid more attention to detail.

I will be posting an update shortly.

Thanks.

Guest darkpiranha

I thought the original versions were interesting, but this new one indeed says "Blazers" as Whittier S says. Big improvement. I don't mind the gradient.

And good job on shrugging off the criticism from earlier. My favorite critical beatdowns are when someone responds to a fun concept with something like "The Steelers' uniforms and helmet are fine just like they are. They'd never go for something like this."

Am I right in assuming that the newest helmet is like the Jaguars helmet?

In the sense that its more color shifting than an actual gradient?

Because I really like that...the sun is yellow/orange/white depending on how you look at it......so a helmet for a team named after it is a cool thing in my opinion.....rather than have a bland white or orange helmet.

Like the Update though. Two things I can think of

1) I think a thin black outline like you have on the Wordmark should be used on the numbers to help seperate the two colors you are using on them.

2) I liked your original idea a bit about doing something on the sleeves. Think something should be on there. Maybe a secondary logo or something.

Now we are really getting somewhere! Great update.

A few small tweaks I would suggest:

Make the road socks White on top, so the top of the socks have some distinction from the bottom of the pants. And then use those same socks for the Alt (same white socks, orange pants combo)

The white Blazers wordmark and NOB gets lost on the White jersey, so change that to orange.

I think the triangle stripe on the pants could use a gold outline on the white pants and a white outline on the gold pants to give it a little something extra. Looks a tiny bit incomplete that way.

I think the helmet gradient is really cool, but try to lose the gradient on the logo itself. Make the innter circle solid orange. And on logo on the hip, I think you need a stroke of some color, probably white, to make it stand out a tiny bit more.

A few small tweaks like this and you're in really good shape! Nice job!

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Am I right in assuming that the newest helmet is like the Jaguars helmet?

In the sense that its more color shifting than an actual gradient?

Exactly. Hard to achieve that look, but that is what I'm visualizing. I hope the NFL will take that step with helmets.

I like the typeface, particularly the custom A.

My one concern is that orange and yellow are high contrast colors. In the late 1970s my local public high school opened—same colors. Black has worked its way quite a bit into their scheme since (though uniforms remain orange, thankfully).

Archived