2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, most people love that design, and I do too. The ones they wear now aren't special. I'd go with red names and numbers, though. The white numbers get lost.

And I meant a vintage white sweater with green stripes as Minnesota's "white" uniform.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Would you guys throw a hissy fit if the Montreal Canadiens put the blue belly stripe back on the white jerseys full time to match the red ones?

jsoe0z.jpg

I'd be opposed. Their white jerseys don't have much on them, but I like them and they've been wearing the current look for long enough, that they should never change. Plus I have such a soft spot for the traditional Canadiens jerseys that I'd actually be really upset, if any major changes were to be made.

That one would be great for a 3rd jersey, though. I'm somewhat questioning why they didn't keep it in the rotation for a few extra years more, after they brought it in.

Isn't it already Vintage white?

Wild.jpg

I don't get why this jersey gets so much love. I think it's terrible and a matching white, vintage otherwise, would complete the team's visual downward spiral. The inaugural look was perfect. Every tweak since then has been a step in the wrong direction.

Wild.jpg

I don't get why this jersey gets so much love. I think it's terrible and a matching white, vintage otherwise, would complete the team's visual downward spiral. The inaugural look was perfect. Every tweak since then has been a step in the wrong direction.

I agree completely. The Wild have gone from one of my favorite looks in hockey to one of my least favorite.

90758391980.gif

Here's my take on all the changes:

Sabres- I'm very interested in seeing the jersey design. I like how it will be royal blue and gold and have the original logo.

Flames- I'd like to see a black jersey, but I wouldn't like to see the retro jersey go.

Canes- I like their current jerseys, so I hope it's not a huge departure from what they have now.

Stars- Can't wait to see the green come back. This is by far the change I'm most excited for.

Wild- I'd love to see a wheat version of the current third as the road jersey.

Habs- Lace up collar and going back to their old font would be cool.

Pens- I would MUCH rather see new home and roads than another third jersey.

Sharks- The only thing I don't like about their current jerseys is the shoulder patch and the front numbers. Maybe those will be the changes?

Wild.jpg

I see what you're saying but this style with the cursive wordmark is more representative of Minnesota hockey, which is why I think it gets so much love. It's also because it doesn't look like a Christmas tree.

Don't shoot me, but the Wild's forest green would go really well with...vintage white

Wild.jpg

It's actually officially termed "wheat".

Same color. Same Pantone value.

I used to hate the green third jersey. For a while I wanted the Wild to go back to the old green uniform and make the red jersey their third. But the "wheat" has grown on me and I would now welcome a white version of that jersey as long as the red becomes the third again. I think some look at the wordmark chest logo and immediately think "gross", but there really is nothing to hate about the jersey. The striping is simple and consistent throughout the entire set, the stars in the logo pays homage to the state and to past Minnesota hockey, and the laces tie it all together. It's not the greatest uniform ever to grace a rink, but it's something I think the Wild can build on to make their set more consistent and "classic".

Wild.jpg

I see what you're saying but this style with the cursive wordmark is more representative of Minnesota hockey, which is why I think it gets so much love. It's also because it doesn't look like a Christmas tree.

and the Kansas City Chiefs look like a McDonald's?

That's the laziest argument on the boards. Green and red are associated with Christmas, but this was a damn nice look

hi-res-1993640_display_image.jpg?1345311151

The final straw for me and the Wild's degradation of their inaugural uniforms was when they eliminated the pants stripe.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Wild.jpg

That's the laziest argument on the boards. Green and red are associated with Christmas, but this was a damn nice look

The final straw for me and the Wild's degradation of their inaugural uniforms was when they eliminated the pants stripe.

Do I decorate my house yearly for over a month in yellow and red?

Wild.jpg

Do I decorate my house yearly for over a month in yellow and red?

Perhaps I should've used halloween as my example. Do the Cincinnati Bengals, Baltimore Orioles, San Francisco Giants, Philadelphia Flyers, Oregon State Beavers, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Princeton Tigers, etc. look like jack-o-lanterns?

Certain color schemes are associated with other things, but that doesn't mean that they can never be used for anything else. Green and red is a great color scheme. It should be used more and it shouldn't be dismissed just because it's commonly associated with something else. If it looks good then it looks good.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Browns have Thanksgiving colors and it's great because football is an autumn sport. If hockey can't have Christmas colors as a winter sport, who can?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I used to hate the green third jersey. For a while I wanted the Wild to go back to the old green uniform and make the red jersey their third. But the "wheat" has grown on me and I would now welcome a white version of that jersey as long as the red becomes the third again. I think some look at the wordmark chest logo and immediately think "gross", but there really is nothing to hate about the jersey. The striping is simple and consistent throughout the entire set, the stars in the logo pays homage to the state and to past Minnesota hockey, and the laces tie it all together. It's not the greatest uniform ever to grace a rink, but it's something I think the Wild can build on to make their set more consistent and "classic".

...and the phantom shoulder yoke completely ruins it. Why put so much effort into creating a classic look if your going to just haphazardly shoehorn an awkard design element that originated in 2007? Oh yeah, because it's Reebok.

To me, not using that Wild primary mark as a crest is a huge waste of a great logo. The green thirds are good- for an alternate.

Arguably the best modern logo in hockey. It's bad enough it's only used on 1 jersey, eliminating it alltogether will be the final nail in the coffin of creativity in hockey uniforms.

Archived