2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

To me, not using that Wild primary mark as a crest is a huge waste of a great logo. The green thirds are good- for an alternate.

This. Every time they modify their uniforms, the Wild hide their logo a little bit. First they come up with one of the worst names in sports history. Then they at least partly redeem themselves with a great logo. But now they insist on continually marginalizing that logo in favor of following trends. First they shrink it down into a circle. Then they take it completely off of one of their jerseys. It's taking their best identity element away from the forefront and the three completely different looking uniforms are watering the identity down.

As for Christmas, if the colors look good (and they do), what's the difference? First we hate that too many teams wear blue (remember year one of edge where essentially every home jersey was blue, black or red) and now we hate unique color schemes.

For now (until they dump red the way their hoops neighbors to the west dumped green) green and red are a part of their scheme. And I really hope they don't try to be only green. The fans like the logo and the color scheme. Of course, the problem is that every time the Wild put out a new jersey the fans eat it up. And for that reason, their original green jersey--the best one they ever had--is gone.

I really want them to essentially have their original white and green jerseys. Then they can get cute or trendy with a red alt that they wear for a minority of home games.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to hate the green third jersey. For a while I wanted the Wild to go back to the old green uniform and make the red jersey their third. But the "wheat" has grown on me and I would now welcome a white version of that jersey as long as the red becomes the third again. I think some look at the wordmark chest logo and immediately think "gross", but there really is nothing to hate about the jersey. The striping is simple and consistent throughout the entire set, the stars in the logo pays homage to the state and to past Minnesota hockey, and the laces tie it all together. It's not the greatest uniform ever to grace a rink, but it's something I think the Wild can build on to make their set more consistent and "classic".

...and the phantom shoulder yoke completely ruins it. Why put so much effort into creating a classic look if your going to just haphazardly shoehorn an awkard design element that originated in 2007? Oh yeah, because it's Reebok.

To me, not using that Wild primary mark as a crest is a huge waste of a great logo. The green thirds are good- for an alternate.

Arguably the best modern logo in hockey. It's bad enough it's only used on 1 jersey, eliminating it alltogether will be the final nail in the coffin of creativity in hockey uniforms.

They could always put it on the shoulders.

A quick mockup of the Wild jersey with the main logo...

Wildjerseymockup_zps220f773c.jpg

This is much better than the inaugural look, I personally hate red and green interacting directly in large amounts. Here you have green interacting with wheat with a pop of red in the logo, a great look. I agree that the Wild logo is great, the name remains awful.

It seems strange to me that their home and alternate jerseys would so heavily use an off-white, yet their away jerseys are pure white. I know "vintage white" is a touchy subject, but at least be consistent.

I wonder if there is a league mandate? If not they should go vintage white.

It seems strange to me that their home and alternate jerseys would so heavily use an off-white, yet their away jerseys are pure white. I know "vintage white" is a touchy subject, but at least be consistent.

They do feature vintage white, though, on the piping. What the Wild need to do is bring back the original green jersey, and make a vintage white version of there current alt as a fourth, retiring the red jersey. That should've never seen the ice.

On the bright side, everybody has brought life into this otherwise-moribund sub-forum.

They do feature vintage white, though, on the piping. What the Wild need to do is bring back the original green jersey, and make a vintage white version of there current alt as a fourth, retiring the red jersey. That should've never seen the ice.

That's not vintage white. That's the tan/gold they use.

wild.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

In my opinion, the personality of the Wild identity has been sucked away with each new jersey. I loved the inaugural look as well. Now we have a expansion franchise pushing their faux-look while abandoning one of the most unique logos in the league. It really ticks me off when teams cop out and go for the traditional route. I think their current side barring their away is garbage. There's no personality.

OttawaSenators.png

That's not vintage white. That's the tan/gold they use.

wild.jpg

It's confusing, but yes - the trim color on the home jerseys is Gold; not Wheat.

The problem lies in the fabrics/threads used in reproducing the Gold on the uniforms...it comes out closer to the Wheat color than the Gold. It doesn't help that the thread color used in the crest logo is a flat Yellow/Gold. Even the official colors are somewhat convoluted:

MinnesotaWild_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

It probably would have made more sense to just go with the Wheat for the uniform trim in the first place.

Also, VancouverFan69: Give it up already.

BigBubba, what are you talking about? If it's about my favouring "Lone Stars" over just "Stars", then I'm entitled to my opinion, okay?? Thank you.

Well yeah you have your opinion. You don't, however, have an argument.

They could always put it [Minnesota's logo] on the shoulders.

That's kind of like playing your first overall pick 5 minutes a night. Sure, at least he's playing, but he deserves so much more of the spotlight.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

BA6nd3UCMAE0orB.jpg

Who is CGIII?

GG3 = George Gund III, one of the original owners of the Sharks (and Oakland/California/Cleveland Golden/Seals/Barons)

BTW, I hate that shield alternate logo the Sharks have.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I think this would look good.

And a red alt

God no.

I think the problem with the Wild set is that it's difficult to have a good balance of Red and Wheat on the Green jerseys. What made the original ones work was the small usage of both colours to break up the Green dominance. It's a little easier for the away jerseys, since you also have white in there.

They have an amazing colour scheme, but only when it is executed properly.

Archived