2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

BA6nd3UCMAE0orB.jpg

Who is CGIII?

GG3 = George Gund III, one of the original owners of the Sharks (and Oakland/California/Cleveland Golden/Seals/Barons)

BTW, I hate that shield alternate logo the Sharks have.

Gund's tenure with the team ended in 2002, so he was not part of that orange addition. I wish they could have incorporated a silver and black version or something like that

Go A's!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BA6nd3UCMAE0orB.jpg

Who is CGIII?

GG3 = George Gund III, one of the original owners of the Sharks (and Oakland/California/Cleveland Golden/Seals/Barons)

BTW, I hate that shield alternate logo the Sharks have.

I love that shield, it's unique in my eyes. I wish they could make an alternate using it if it could be done well.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I think this would look good.

conceptwild.png

And a red alt

conceptwildalt.png

Why is the moon and the star red?

The Wild logo really only works when coloured one way. It's just not one of those logos that you can invert the colours of and still have it look good (like Toronto).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Isn't it already Vintage white?

Wild.jpg

I don't get why this jersey gets so much love. I think it's terrible and a matching white, vintage otherwise, would complete the team's visual downward spiral. The inaugural look was perfect. Every tweak since then has been a step in the wrong direction.

All I know is, I see this jersey, I drool. It can be technically dissected and picked apart for trying to be something its not, but in the end, it makes my eyes happy.

All I know is, I see this jersey, I drool. It can be technically dissected and picked apart for trying to be something its not, but in the end, it makes my eyes happy.

What it's trying to be is a baseball jersey. What it is supposed to be is a hockey sweater. It makes my eyes cry...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Oh yeah. I forgot that he passed away. He had the sanity of naming the team "Sharks" rather then "Blades". You remember back in 1991 when they had the name the team contest? Believe it or not "Blades" was number one. Thank the fates that the Gunds decided that "Sharks" (which was number two) would have been better.

The Catch of the Day!

Oh yeah. I forgot that he passed away. He had the sanity of naming the team "Sharks" rather then "Blades". You remember back in 1991 when they had the name the team contest? Believe it or not "Blades" was number one. Thank the fates that the Gunds decided that "Sharks" (which was number two) would have been better.

I know it's not official, but I like to think of the Sharks as a continuation of the Seals/Golden Seals/Barons lineage due to how Gund went about establishing the team.

I know it's not official, but I like to think of the Sharks as a continuation of the Seals/Golden Seals/Barons lineage due to how Gund went about establishing the team.

Did not know anything about that, but after Wikipedia research, I think I do as well.

Gund's tenure with the team ended in 2002, so he was not part of that orange addition. I wish they could have incorporated a silver and black version or something like that

And this is exactly what bugs me about some of these tributes. While I wouldn't go as far as calling it pissing on the grave, it feels like certain teams are more concerned about promoting their current brand than acknowledging the era in which the person was a part of the organisation.

Like last year, and as much as I hate to say it, Anaheim's tribute to Ruslan Salei came across as a bit half arsed. Sure, a random blotch of eggplant or jade on a black, gold and orange uniform wouldn't have made much sense, but they could have at least used the block number font the Mighty Ducks used to wear, or rather, what Salei used to wear, instead of the Ducks current numbering font which he never wore.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Boy are these Kings jerseys the epitome of drab. It's too bad they'll be sticking around due to the recent Cup but when you see all the purple in the arena it reminds you of how much more character that color scheme has. Hopefully someone comes to their senses in these coming years and pushes to bring back the purple

Midway.png

Lace up collars for the Leafs

That's not new. They've had the tie-down collars since 2010.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Does anyone know what that sticker on the back left of the Jets helmets is?

xoqabehdyyh11phm313cn28sn.gif

Memorial logo for Rick Rypien

Oh right, they had that last year didn't they? I didn't think they would keep honoring him past the one season. Uusally teams wear memorial logos for one year and then move on.

The Catch of the Day!

Archived