2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

carolina_zps6f05ad52.png?t=1370362256

What the f***? This is just embarrassing.

Lights Out was right. Another team trying to be something they're not.

And the two uniforms don't even match at that. Garbage all around.

Speaking of that I didn't watch the stream. What was their justification for the different home/road designs?

I tend to not like split second reviews, but I have to honestly say that the Hurricanes now may have a bottom 5 jersey set. That home may actually be the worst one of them all.

Ironic that this new bland, boring set is unveiled on the same day as the team that used to hold the award for most bland jerseys in the NHL is getting rid of theirs.

70389454.png

Have to agree with just about everything that's been said here. (My only different take is that I like the red uni much more than the white. To me, the white has a stronger paint-by-numbers template or Chinese knock-off feel.)

Overall, a disaster. A gigantic leap backward. I can only hope the fan and media feedback (backlash) is so strong that these don't last any longer than required by the NHL before a new uniform set can be introduced.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

What the f***? This is just embarrassing.

Lights Out was right. Another team trying to be something they're not.

And the two uniforms don't even match at that. Garbage all around.

Speaking of that I didn't watch the stream. What was their justification for the different home/road designs?

I don't think it was brought up besides when they said it was a unique jersey.

IbjBaeE.png

Why Reebok? The "old storm" was fine.

They said it was designed in house.

The MC seemed very proud of that fact too for some reason. If I were in the Cane's marketing department I would be trying to put all the blame on Reebok. Oh well, at least when the Staal's go to the World Championships they can just wear their NHL jerseys.

White looks all right, Red needs more black in it... I usually don't like mismatching designs and this is certainly the case here. Also, the Canes management guy said that the revenue generated from the sale of jersies is relatively minimal and thus the change had nothing to do with money? What a crock.

They noted in one of the propaganda videos that the inconsistency was intentional... they wanted different looks for home and away that didn't necessarily match. (This statement of fact is not an endorsement of such a stance...)

From the press release on the website

“The process of making these changes began several years ago,” said Rutherford. “We are pleased with the results, and proud that our team was able to design the new look internally. Doug Warf’s staff including Ben Aycock, Andrew Roman and Lauren Baxter devoted a lot of time and energy to this process, taking input from our hockey department to create uniforms that our players love, and our fans will hopefully enjoy as well.”

These jerseys took several years?

IbjBaeE.png

Archived