2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

If they had matching striping around the road yoke and used that template for the home, it'd be acceptable. The road isn't awful, but the home, while not bottom five, is definitely lacking.

Nope, they would still look like generic, cookie cutter garbage. I miss this already :(

staal.jpg

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, the so-called "hanger effect" with the collar... I just don't understand what they were thinking. Take the one unique striping element that you have and make it so that nobody can see it? That's just :censored:ing stupid.

Exactly my thoughts!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

From the press release on the website

“The process of making these changes began several years ago,” said Rutherford. “We are pleased with the results, and proud that our team was able to design the new look internally. Doug Warf’s staff including Ben Aycock, Andrew Roman and Lauren Baxter devoted a lot of time and energy to this process, taking input from our hockey department to create uniforms that our players love, and our fans will hopefully enjoy as well.”

These jerseys took several years?

Well, the Olympics were a few years back...

Ben: "Hey Doug, what do you think of those Team Canada jerseys...?"

Doug: "I think they look pretty good..."

Let's have some fun.

aVFwGCw.png

Oh my, it is just a recoloured Leafs template.

All I did was recolour the Leafs template. It's not official, but it shows how similar they are.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Team Canadalina

BL7dQ03CAAAvRel.jpg

Wait - they intentionally designed two totally different stripe patterns and colors for the home and road? I don't mind the yoke thing, because you could say it's just implied on the home, but the northwestern stripes with black on the road looks ridiculously out of place compared to the home (or you could reverse that and say the home looks out of place compared to the road.)

At a quick glance, it'll be hard to differentiate them from the Red Wings when they're at home (albeit only a very quick glance.) Removing the flags, which was really their trademark, was a bad idea. They could have done anything else they wanted to with the jerseys, but still have been instantly recognizeable with at least some visible warning flag treatment.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If they had matching striping around the road yoke and used that template for the home, it'd be acceptable. The road isn't awful, but the home, while not bottom five, is definitely lacking.

Nope, they would still look like generic, cookie cutter garbage. I miss this already :(

staal.jpg

Yep

171710129_462a234f7e.jpg

IbjBaeE.png

staal.jpg

Id take this back, Phantom yoke and all.

At a quick glance, it'll be hard to differentiate them from the Red Wings when they're at home (albeit only a very quick glance.)

You know what, considering the reason they're red in the first place and assuming there are a tonne of Red Wings fans in the market, I would not be surprised if that was their intention.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I would literally take this clownsuit over the Lightning and Hurricanes uniforms.

Ales+Hemsky+Edmonton+Oilers+v+New+Jersey+Devils+xjlWenKPRHAl.jpg

Was that typical Edgefied garbage? Yes, absolutely it was... but at least it didn't look like a mashup of two far more established teams in the same league. There was clearly even less thought put into Carolina's new uniforms than into those Oilers :censored:piles - the 'Canes couldn't even bother to pick one generic striping pattern!

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Most of us may find the designs less than what they could have been, but let's all take a moment and thank the heavens that they weren't worse. Remember the Reebok Edge Oilers design? And the still living Blues design, to name two? Apron strings, needless piping, stripes that stop halfway around the arm, no hem stripes... at least those little Reebok touches weren't carried on here.

I would literally take this clownsuit over the Lightning and Hurricanes uniforms.

Was that typical Edgefied garbage? Yes, absolutely it was... but at least it didn't look like a mashup of two far more established teams in the same league. There was clearly even less thought put into Carolina's new uniforms than into those Oilers :censored:piles - the 'Canes couldn't even bother to pick one generic striping pattern!

Well, let's not go that far...

Well, let's not go that far...

I'm exaggerating, but still.... why is every team so scared to try something new? The way things are going, we'll have a league full of recolored Maple Wings and Red Leafs soon enough.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived