2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

If I remember correctly, Karmanos threw out an entire name-the-team contest and coordinated design process to call them the Hurricanes and dress them in mostly red. This was a blessing in disguise in that a leading candidate for the team name was "Ice Pigs," owing to the Raleigh area's sizable hog farming industry, but it's more evidence that the owner is a meddling doofus who just does whatever he feels like. At least he didn't call them the Southern Compuware Ambassadors, I guess.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When does the Reebok uniform contract expire again?

I hate to say it, but the way things are trending with uniforms in the NHL these days, they might benefit from a little Nike in their lives again.

2016, I believe. let's hope they don't introduce a round of "innovative" templates.

(Yet again, this is Nike we're talking about. "By removing all the striping from this team's uniforms, players will be able to skate 0.00005% faster and make 82.5% of fans beg for Reebok to come back!")

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Yeah, I don't know if I'm too keen on Nike being the NHL's new manufacturer after seeing some of the designs they've done for international hockey.

xin_5220206280926500137089.jpg

IceHockeyGB_468x328.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I get the whole faux original six argument, but it's clean, simple and beautiful. There is a reason the original 6 jerseys look so good and there is a reason teams copy them. The lightning made an absolutely terrific change.

Yes, the traditional teams' traditional looks are great. That doesn't mean they're the only way a team can look good, though.

18.2003_vs_wild(lastgame).jpg

Two great, modern designs. They each have original colour schemes, original fonts, and have managed to make us forget about their crappy names.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

940x.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

When does the Reebok uniform contract expire again?

I hate to say it, but the way things are trending with uniforms in the NHL these days, they might benefit from a little Nike in their lives again.

2016, I believe. let's hope they don't introduce a round of "innovative" templates.

(Yet again, this is Nike we're talking about. "By removing all the striping from this team's uniforms, players will be able to skate 0.00005% faster and make 82.5% of fans beg for Reebok to come back!")

Or maybe Warrior will get into the hockey uniform busin.. OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE?

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I feel the hurricanes jerseys could have been vastly improved just by adding a sublimated warning falg pattern on the red parts of the white jersey. And a black warning flag pattern in between the white stripes on the home jersey.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

I'm surprised for all the hate. If this was a super modern design like the Flames, it would be pages of puke smilies. I really don't know what people want any more. If it's super modern it's puke. If it's traditional its 'bland, boring and devoid of personality'.

It's really just one or two tweaks from being a nice classic sweater.

People just like to B*tch.

You guys don't see the happy medium?

http://stars.nhl.com...s.htm?id=672974

Maybe the Stars throw us a curveball...awful lot there about red, white, and blue. Mentions green, black, and gold as a throwback option for a 3rd. Just posted today.

The Stars are the team that trolled their own fanbase. I wouldn't read to much into this.

http://stars.nhl.com...s.htm?id=672974

Maybe the Stars throw us a curveball...awful lot there about red, white, and blue. Mentions green, black, and gold as a throwback option for a 3rd. Just posted today.

Isn't he just a color commentator? It sounds just like him pining for those colours. I don't think he has much pull. Also, all the leaked logos we've seen were green, black and silver. I don't know if they're dropping gold, but I highly doubt they'd make the logos in those colours if they were going the generic blue-red-white route.

He wrote that long before any of the new stuff got leaked. And for some reason it got republished today just to confuse us all.

I think ColeJ said something about the Stars considering a red, white and blue colour scheme, but abandoning that idea because the fans wanted green.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived