2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Colorado needs a new look. They're one of those teams that even though they're only 17 years old (in Colorado), they give off a classic team vibe. Their uniforms need to reflect it. With Sakic and Roy in positions of power, maybe the management will usher in a new era. All they have to do is go back to some variation of these and call it a day:

Avalanche06.png

I loved that alternate. Gorgeous.

sig.png

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colorado needs a new look. They're one of those teams that even though they're only 17 years old (in Colorado), they give off a classic team vibe. Their uniforms need to reflect it. With Sakic and Roy in positions of power, maybe the management will usher in a new era. All they have to do is go back to some variation of these and call it a day:

Avalanche06.png

Just add a few slight curves to the mountain pattern, maybe tweak an outline color or 2, add a few more little things to give the new look some needed pizzaz, and there you have it. If done right, it could look absolutely epic!

Go with a new collar too, keep the black pants and numbers. Be consistent with the retired numbers in the rafters.

Please go to this 2mpzqd4.png
Make the black a hunter green and you've got perfection.

Seconded!

brett yormark personally responds to tweets about incorporating black-and-white into the isles look:

https://twitter.com/...420717666295810

Yormark gives off the sleezy corporate exec vibe. Not sure he "gets" it. My fear is he doesnt realize the Isles customer base isnt the Nets customer base.

Avalanche06.png

Agreed. Avs have by far the WORST look in hockey right now.

If they can't go back to the original look, why not look to their AHL affiliate for help:

410_lake_erie-monsters-road-2013.gif

726_lake_erie-monsters-home-2013.gif

70389454.png

Avalanche06.png

Agreed. Avs have by far the WORST look in hockey right now.

If they can't go back to the original look, why not look to their AHL affiliate for help:

410_lake_erie-monsters-road-2013.gif

726_lake_erie-monsters-home-2013.gif

It is Very bad, this idea.

Anyways....

That home white Avs Jersey was gorgeous. I was the only kid in high school wearing hockey jerseys. I added the alt to my collection not long after it debuted, too. Man I miss that set

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Slow day at work, so hypothetical scenario for you guys: the magical uniform genie gives you 3 teams to alter to your complete liking. Go. :)

Me:

1. Pittsburgh. Change the template to the pre-edge and change the vegas gold to something brighter. Not necessarily athletic gold, but brighter.

2. Ottawa. Modernize your original set, or make a set based on your barber-pole alt or the one with the laurel striping. You have so many options yet you use that terrible bland cookie cutter piece of crap.

3. Colorado. Like I said above, just modernize the classic set.

Honorable mention: St. Louis. Left them off because the other 3 are higher priority.

sig.png

My 3

Carolina - that disaster needs fixed asap. Almost anything would be better. Warning flags is an easy start.

Colorado - At home they're a burgundy, blue, and black team. On the road they're a burgundy and black team and you'd wouldn't know blue was one of their colors. That was even a problem in their heyday. Solution: Cup era jerseys, but drop black, darken the blue.

Pittsburgh - get as far away from that template as you can.

PvO6ZWJ.png

brett yormark personally responds to tweets about incorporating black-and-white into the isles look:

https://twitter.com/...420717666295810

SHUT UP HOW MANY TWITTER FOLLOWERS YOU GOT BOOM BITCH SPONSORED BY LEXUS

oh wait wrong Yormark

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Good idea

01) Calgary Flames.

Ditch everything but the logo's and return to a striping pattern similar to the 2004 cup run jerseys. Straight stripes on the hem, diagonal ones on the sleeve. Modernize the flaming horsehead and return him to the shoulders. Black "C" remains on the Home jersey. No Third.

02) Colorado Avalanche

Cup era jerseys on the edge template. No changes to those classics. No third jersey as both iterations with the diagonal script looked silly and derivative.

03) Ottawa Senators.

Return to their second uniform set (white added to the sleeves of the black jersey, laurel leaves replace text on the logo) but switch red and black on the home. Original logos return intact. Black third from the pre-edge era returns.

Well, the Islanders already use black and white, so whatever way Yormark is planning to "weave" it into their color scheme has to be better than that 3rd. Personally, I think black and white with small blue and orange details would be fine... if they are going drastic.

I'm not gonna lie, that Anaheim Ducks concept above is probably one of the best I've seen. Blends the colour scheme beautifully, uses traditional striping in a somewhat un-traditional way, brings the franchise's iconic branding together...

I say no to the hunter green, because I think black provides the necessary means of contrast. But that is an outstanding piece of work.

spacer.png

Please go to this 2mpzqd4.png

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD that white jersey is beautiful.

The striping is a little complex, but the overall impact of the design and the logo together is just unbelievably strong IMO.

The dark home jersey could do with a touch less orange, again, IMO.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

the ducks do definitely need to bring that logo back as a primary.

i really like the way it looks in black, orange, and gold, too... that's such a unique and attractive color scheme, but it's suffering on those ugly uniforms they wear.

i really like the way it looks in black, orange, and gold, too... that's such a unique and attractive color scheme, but it's suffering on those ugly uniforms they wear.

"Ugly" is too strong a word for the Ducks regular set. The more appropriate "u" word would be "uninteresting".

As for that concept above, I'd make some adjustments here and there, but if that were released tomorrow as is I'd be ecstatic.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Personally I think the current color scheme works better on the old Ducks logo than the old colors did. Well at the very least it makes it look less cartoony.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I'm shocked that many want to return to the Mighty Ducks logo. I swear years ago many were thrilled with the new logo because "it's not Disney cartoony" and look "like a real team" That being said, I agree.

Replace the yellow in the original Ducks logo with orange, keep the uni style and change it into original colors and bam!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived