2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

I'm not sure if anyone of you caught this, but some Stars fans were wearing some interesting jerseys last night....

Star-Telegram photo

I doubt they will be the new jerseys, of course. But it's an interesting way to honor the past.

That look needs some gold, but I really like that logo. I wouldn't mind the Stars going with something like that.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if anyone of you caught this, but some Stars fans were wearing some interesting jerseys last night....

Star-Telegram photo

I doubt they will be the new jerseys, of course. But it's an interesting way to honor the past.

That look needs some gold, but I really like that logo. I wouldn't mind the Stars going with something like that.

Looks like a minor hockey team to me. Common for them, just to find logos online, and use them.

Does anyone know what that sticker on the back left of the Minnesota Wild helmets is?

http://wildaboutdesi...elmets.html?m=1

Thanks. Personally I think Minnesota's wordmark logos suck.

On a related "sticker on the back left of the helmet" question did anyone see the "new" logo on Buffalo's helmets?

It looks like its a pair of crossed sabres. The primary logo sans buffalo and circle.

2hnpfyw.jpg

The Catch of the Day!

Does anyone know what that sticker on the back left of the Minnesota Wild helmets is?

On a related "sticker on the back left of the helmet" question did anyone see the "new" logo on Buffalo's helmets?

It looks like its a pair of crossed sabres. The primary logo sans buffalo and circle.

2hnpfyw.jpg

I did see that. Sabres have a history of putting their 3rd jersey logo on that spot of the helmet.

PRT2007.jpg

Maybe a sign to come of their 3rd jersey next year.

Star-Telegram photo

I'm pretty sure those kids are wearing their own peewee jerseys.

Star-Telegram photo

Speaking of honoring the past, Jagr's spray painted Philly gloves are pretty cool, as is the orange tape on his stick. ;)

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

I understand they were going for a different look with the old inverted socks, but it always looked goofy to me, like they were wearing capri pants or something. It was especially bad on the road uniforms.

capitals.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

2hnpfyw.jpg

That logo looks like some scissors.

untitled-6.jpg

Anyone watching Lightning-Islanders game? Two fights right off the opening draw, Islanders' Matt Martin almost had his whole sleeve tear off right at the shoulder! Never seen a jersey fail so catastrophically during a game.

Am I the only one to think that the LA Championship patch is too big?

0119-lak-patch.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1358651685006

(from Icethetics)

It made me realize how way too small and too high the chest logo is...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I don't thik that's quite entirely true. The moose and jets are the same owners, and that was the moose's home while the jets were away. Now that the jets are back there isn't any room for the moose, but I think they will always honor them, as they sort of paved the way for the jets to "return". It's a continuation of Winnipeg hockey, but they can't really see themselves as being promoted as this wasn't an expansion. This is the Atlanta thrashers renamed.

In terms of organizational personnel, they're more the Moose than the Thrashers. They basically bought the rights to an NHL franchise and promoted everyone in True North from running the Moose to running the Jets. My preference would have been to consider the "Thrashers franchise" terminated or suspended so that we could dispense with all this "your greatest player is Ilya Kovalchuk WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT" nonsense.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Am I the only one to think that the LA Championship patch is too big?

0119-lak-patch.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1358651685006%20

(from Icethetics)

It made me realize how way too small and too high the chest logo is...

No, I definitely agree. It's more than half the height of their logo, it appears.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I don't get why the logo is so high... Especially considering the jersey doesn't have hem stripes. If only the Kings had updated the Home jersey when they rolled out the white version. They'd have a much more consistant look.

Most of the highlights in the Ducks' commercials are of players when they're wearing the alternate jerseys, exactly what the Kings did before promoting their thirds to full-time status. Good sign, I guess. They're not perfect but they're better than the current primaries, at least.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Star-Telegram photo

I'm pretty sure those kids are wearing their own peewee jerseys.

Yeah, I figured that out. I'm just saying that maybe it wouldn't be the worst idea for the Stars to adopt something similar.

Archived