2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

From the front, no. From the back, the numbers become illegible.... and I'm actually a big fan of that sweater and think it should be the full time alternate.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see Canadiens fans accepting the blue-striped as the full-time road. They won too many Cups in the current white.

Retiring it would be sacriledge, and it would likely cause a lot of people to protest (if not a riot).

If the Canadiens bring back that sweater for more than just a one-time thing, it must be the alternate. Changing the Habs' sweaters beyond adding a tiedown collar is sacrilege.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

From the front, no. From the back, the numbers become illegible.... and I'm actually a big fan of that sweater and think it should be the full time alternate.

Would this number treatment alleviate that problem? I also included their current road uniforms so that you could see the two side-by-side (or in this case, top-to-bottom).

CanadiensConcept.png

i totally think that works.

i've always thought it would look best if the red and blue were switched, however. keep the primary color of the sweater red, just like the homes.

Doesn't look particularly jarring on the ice:

cgcDNWz.png

The numbers are too difficult to read from the back. It's the same problem that the Blackhawks' winter classic jerseys have. It's also too blue dominant for a team that is predominantly red at home.

But biggest of all, history sides with the red yoked plain white jersey. I know history means nothing to you, but the current white jersey has earned its place and the white jerseys with the stripe were worn for only 4 years in the 40's. Non-matching jerseys as the Canadiens look was established before having matching jerseys became the preferred aesthetic. That's why Montreal gets away with it, but Minnesota, and previously Atlanta and Ottawa look dumb.

The white jerseys with the chest stripe should be an alternate at best, but I'd be okay if they never wore it again.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Doesn't look particularly jarring on the ice:

cgcDNWz.png

This looks so superior to the current road look it's ridiculous. This should without question be the full time road look. As far as the historical precedent for the current whites, I don't see the problem. The Habs Red jerseys are far more iconic and the above jersey is simply an inverse of that look.

The draft is two weeks away and according to the Icethetics Jersey Watch and conversely The Reebok catalogue, we still have the following unveilings...

San Jose Sharks: Home and Away

Montreal Canadiens: Home and Away

Minnesota Wild: Road

Buffalo Sabres: Alternate

Calgary Flames: Alternate

The silence is deafening... Anyone heard anything?

Have not heard anything about this here. However knowing the Flames and their ownership, they'll screw it up.

IbjBaeE.png

Just realized this Canadiens logo is incorrect on the mothership.

254.gif

Here's a picture of the actual jersey. NOTICE: No latitude lines, continents are better rendered.

ysIxBCm.jpg

EDIT: However, this picture shows that the globe DID have latitude lines, and also had the word "CHAMPIONS" arched at the bottom.

source_61_34266.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

source_61_34266.jpg

3rd guy from left has a reversed CH on his sleeve. Maybe he got the Chinese counterfeit.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

source_61_34266.jpg

3rd guy from left has a reversed CH on his sleeve. Maybe he got the Chinese counterfeit.

It happens sometimes. Back in those days logos were hand stitched onto the sweaters before every season. The stitcher must have made a slight mistake on that one. I've seen other mistakes on sweaters before. If you look at some of the New York Americans team photos, some sweaters had more stars on the front than others.

The Catch of the Day!

Archived