2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

"But but but original six dress up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - dumb people

The Stars jerseys look great and they couldn't have chosen a better shade of green. I can't wait to see the full team in full uniform under arena lights.

The shade of green is nice, but the beveling on the logo messes with my head, the one-layer names.numbers look chintzy, and they look too much like the odious St. Patrick's Day Hawks sweaters. It's still a vast improvement over what was the worst uniform in the league, but I still have reservations (about so many things, but not about you)

They're not perfect. I'd have chosen to better match the home and road jerseys, the name and numbers are screaming for black outlines, and I'd have used the Texas logo on the shoulders. It would've been perfect (for my tastes with those details), but I'll take a good redesign when I can and this is one of the best in all of sports in recent memory.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Stars jerseys look great and they couldn't have chosen a better shade of green. I can't wait to see the full team in full uniform under arena lights.

The shade of green is nice, but the beveling on the logo messes with my head, the one-layer names.numbers look chintzy, and they look too much like the odious St. Patrick's Day Hawks sweaters. It's still a vast improvement over what was the worst uniform in the league, but I still have reservations (about so many things, but not about you)

Nice Wilco reference. Good album clincher.

The new Dallas Stars jerseys look absolutely stunning on television, and in the new well-lit photos from the draft.

I adore that shade of green.

1001842_10151682024091480_121899515_n.jpg

The lace up collar looks really out of place with a contemporary crest design.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sort of off topic, but when the Blue Jackets were founded, were they actually named for the Union soldiers or for the Shawnee chief that resided in the area?

or this:

5RLH6RRHXRALZZNLZZTLLZ2LHZ9LIR3Z7R3ZZZUL3LYZMRDZJLVL8RTLGRBL6R3ZRZ2LRZ2LJLULSRELYL1LSZ0H8R.jpg

That's pretty cool and frightening at the same time.

That crappy, beveled mess of a logo belongs in the AHL. The numbers are in dire need of outlines, the modern crest looks really out of place on a traditional template, THERE'S NO FRIGGIN GOLD, a round yoke would've looked better, the roundel logo is lazy (and it means that God damn D-Star appears three times on the jersey), and it puts shoulder patches on a shoulder yoke, which never looks good.

But yay, green.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

From HF:

"Not going to throw him under the bus since he's not allowed to talk about it, but a certain representative of the Anaheim Ducks was fitted for his new "outdoor game" jersey and heavily implied that it would look a lot like the original Mighty Ducks jerseys, only with the "new" colors. Take it for what it's worth."

Not to muck this thread up with concepts, but could somebody PLEASE make a concept of this description? The concept on prior pages of the Mighty Ducks in current colors is amazing, but I'd love to see a MOCK-UP of this description.

The Mighty Ducks jersey designs/logos are my personal favorite logos in all of sports; however, I like the Ducks' current color scheme more so than their former. With that being said, if this source comes to fruition, this jersey will be my most cherished sports memorabilia of all time. I've already put aside $300 for an authentic in anticipation for this rumored Outdoor Game jersey.

A logo shouldn't need bevels, though, should it? Too many things can go wrong with them, as it did here with the awkward cutoff on the right. It's good enough, at least. Better than no green at all and a college hockey ripoff for a team where there's no history of college hockey.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The logo and jersey for the Stars looks great. Solid effort. Love it. Yes there are some slight issues, but overall there's nothing to really complain about.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I'm still holding out to see what the Ducks for the "Stadium Series" sweaters. The Kings as well for this.

Considering the weather in So Cal, I'm expecting the Kings to go with a white jersey rather than black. It'll likely be the white Gretzky era uniform, seeing as its been 20 years since he took them to their first Stanley Cup Final.

This makes no sense whatsoever. Have you been to Southern California in January? It'll be somewhere between 55 to 65 degrees out during the day. An NHL arena temperature is somewhere around 60 degrees. I've heard the game will be early evening so that means game temp should be about 60 and fall to about 50 or so by game end.

why is the d-star appearing 3 times (twice in a modified form inside a roundel) a tragedy, when the north stars 91 cup run sweaters are universally beloved while having the EXACT same logo appear 3 times?

i don't get most of the hate, honestly.

and i feel the beveling works on the crest, because the silver is so reflective that it's only noticed at certain angles. when in direct light, it all looks white. just adds depth. i like it.

these uniforms aren't perfect, but they're the best the dallas stars have ever worn, and better than the majority of current nhl uniforms.

I'm still holding out to see what the Ducks for the "Stadium Series" sweaters. The Kings as well for this.

Considering the weather in So Cal, I'm expecting the Kings to go with a white jersey rather than black. It'll likely be the white Gretzky era uniform, seeing as its been 20 years since he took them to their first Stanley Cup Final.

This makes no sense whatsoever. Have you been to Southern California in January? It'll be somewhere between 55 to 65 degrees out during the day. An NHL arena temperature is somewhere around 60 degrees. I've heard the game will be early evening so that means game temp should be about 60 and fall to about 50 or so by game end.

No, I haven't. About 15 or 12 degrees Celsius? That's still warmer than nearly everywhere else in January.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

why is the d-star appearing 3 times (twice in a modified form inside a roundel) a tragedy, when the north stars 91 cup run sweaters are universally beloved while having the EXACT same logo appear 3 times?

It's not the repetition of the D/star logo I have a problem with (much like I don't have a problem with the North Stars' '91 Cup sweaters). The problem I have is that the Texas state logo is simply superior to the roundel logo.

It's not the repetition of the D/star logo I have a problem with (much like I don't have a problem with the North Stars' '91 Cup sweaters). The problem I have is that the Texas state logo is simply superior to the roundel logo.

I don't think the Texas logo would look right on green yokes that have those strange angular shapes. The roundel, although unpopular, is a much smoother choice. I actually think their choices are dead on: roundel on shoulders, Texas logo on pants. At least the team was smart enough to keep it, they could of been dumb and ditched it altogether.

Also, I must be one of the few people who really love that Stars roundel logo very much.

I still think the Texas State logo is the worst part of this rebrand. It's too unbalanced and awkwardly executed. I hated the roundel at first but the more I look at it as a shoulder patch on the actual jersey, the more I like it. And it's far better for that purpose than the state outline.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The Boston Bruins showed off their 90th anniversary patch

Boston-Bruins-90th-Anniversary-Patch.jpg

It blows me away that NHL teams continue to screw this up. 2013-2014 is neither the Bruins' 90th season (2014-2015, accounting for the 2004-05 lockout), nor their 90th anniversary (November-December 2014, which falls during the 2014-2015 season).

BCBannersSig.png

I don't like that aspect of either uniform (as I said, it never looks good on two counts), but I loved almost everything else about that North Stars look, so I can overlook a flaw or two. For this Dallas set, green is literally the only thing I like about it., so it's viewed as one of many flaws. THAT'S why I still like the North Stars set and hate the Dallas set. It's still a flaw, but it's only part of the whole uniform.

Plus, that North Stars logo was a beauty. Showing a good logo thrice on a jersey, while still redundant, is much better that showing a crappy logo thrice.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The Boston Bruins showed off their 90th anniversary patch

Boston-Bruins-90th-Anniversary-Patch.jpg

It blows me away that NHL teams continue to screw this up. 2013-2014 is neither the Bruins' 90th season (2014-2015, accounting for the 2004-05 lockout), nor their 90th anniversary (November-December 2014, which falls during the 2014-2015 season).

I think they are going by years of existance. 1924-1925 was their first season and 2013-2014 is their first season of being 90 years old.

IEI5Tg1.png

Archived