2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

The lockout screwed this up for everybody.

While the season wasn't played, i believe it still counts as a season.

Honestly, if it's on the Cup, it counts to me... and it's on the Cup...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still holding out to see what the Ducks for the "Stadium Series" sweaters. The Kings as well for this.

Considering the weather in So Cal, I'm expecting the Kings to go with a white jersey rather than black. It'll likely be the white Gretzky era uniform, seeing as its been 20 years since he took them to their first Stanley Cup Final.

Why? They're playing at NIGHT.

To be honest I only came to that conclusion during my second post. It's obviously a money thing....it stills annoys the heck out of me. I wouldn't and I haven't ever bought anything related to an anniversary celebration that wasn't a proper milestone year.

10, 25, 50, 75, 100, etc.

yeah? not 20, 40, 85 etc. I'm sure there's been a 30 and 40 in there somewhere as well.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I'm still holding out to see what the Ducks for the "Stadium Series" sweaters. The Kings as well for this.

Considering the weather in So Cal, I'm expecting the Kings to go with a white jersey rather than black. It'll likely be the white Gretzky era uniform, seeing as its been 20 years since he took them to their first Stanley Cup Final.

Yeah, I forgot about that detail.

But like I said to Oddball, 13C/55F, while mild at best, is still warmer than nearly anywhere else.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

So, hey, shoulder patch change coming up for the Coyotes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

There is?

Btw, is this whole Phoenix Coyotes to Arizona Coyotes thing still happening? I'm not sure what's going on.

It's the main benefit of the deal for Glendale.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

if i were the city council, i'd make them change the name to glendale coyotes... and not for the same reasons as the whole "they should be the arlington cowboys!" argument.

i just think the city has put up with enough crap to keep the team there that they deserve the recognition.

no one is ever going to look at the dallas stars jersey, logoless, and confuse it for anything but the dallas stars.

the hurricanes and lightning can't say that about their uniforms.

no one is ever going to look at the dallas stars jersey, logoless, and confuse it for anything but the dallas stars.

Yup. You can't look at a blank Stars jersey and say it's the Blackhawks or Rangers, because neither of those teams are green.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Yup. You can't look at a blank Stars jersey and say it's the Blackhawks or Rangers, because neither of those teams are green.

Now let's wait until the Wild completely screw that up.

The Hurricanes terrible new jerseys have given me a new found appreciation for these. Not usually a fan of black jerseys but this is a really striking look. The striping is clean & classy without sacrificing originality. I'd love to see red and white versions serve as the teams primary uniforms with primary logo on the front

phsv.jpg

6ti.png

To the best of my knowledge, there has been no news to come out about the Flames supposed new alternate jersey. I mean, news outlets here in Calgary and the Flames have had bigger fish to fry recently but there was nothing before the floods and now the draft has come and gone and still no news.

IIRC the original Icethetics JerseyWatch post had said something about it not being confirmed.

IEI5Tg1.png

What, for something black and ugly?

Hey, leave Seal out of this. He's not hurting anyone.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I hope they bring back the black horse jersey, love those.

And I agree with Morgo. The level of fail with the new Canes jerseys really makes me like those black ones alot. Not that I didn't already, I loved them when I first saw them. Now just moreso.

2ly2w09.jpg

Those black Hurricanes jerseys look nice close up (judging by photos - Ive never seen one in person) but to me they looked pretty poor on the ice and on TV. Just a black mess, really.

Yeah, I forgot about that detail.

But like I said to Oddball, 13C/55F, while mild at best, is still warmer than nearly anywhere else.

But aren't arena's kept at around 60F?

All you need is to take a blank Team Canda jersey without a crest, stitch an embroided Hurricanes logo in it's place, and no one could ever tell the difference.

Archived