2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Flaming horse logo was dumb...kind of in the same family as the Mooterus logo and the CBJ bug

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was always a fan of the Flames classic look, thought the red and gold looked great. I never got on board with the black. There's too much red and black in the NHL now as is. Didnt like the horse logo either.

Since kelly green is a Dallas Stars colour for the first time since 1994, it'd be the perfect opportunity to bring back one of these as an alternate... Preferably the Black version.

k1u.png

Guess I was alone on the horse logo.

I own the jersey, it doesn't fit anymore unfortunately or I'd still rock it. I also have a red jersey with the horse logo on the shoulders, and that's too big. So 2 Flames jerseys, one too big, and one too small. I love the black in the color scheme, I find nothing appealing about their retro look. I like the new look.

I also like the Stars "mooterus" logo and own that jersey as well lol.

And Morgo, I agree. I think that black one would look great.

2ly2w09.jpg

You own a horse head jersey and a Mooterus jersey. Wow. Got a wild wing and a Blues trumpet jersey too?

I also like the Stars "mooterus" logo and own that jersey as well lol

Hey don't feel so bad. I like the "Buffaslug" logo and the "Gortons fisherman" logo that the Sabres and islanders used in the past. So I feel your pain when people give you dirty looks when you like something no one else does. :lol:

The Catch of the Day!

Since kelly green is a Dallas Stars colour for the first time since 1994, it'd be the perfect opportunity to bring back one of these as an alternate... Preferably the Black version.

k1u.png

They just got rid of a black jersey... they don't need another one.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

k1u.png

Care to explain why?

k1u.png

Care to explain why?

branding mostly.

They didn't get rid of it solely because it was black, they got rid of it because it was awful. It had a lazy collegiate script for a logo, thin bands for sleeve stripes and nothing on the hem. Bringing back the original black jersey wouldn't interfere with the brand, alternate jerseys are supposed to be different from their primaries.

You own a horse head jersey and a Mooterus jersey. Wow. Got a wild wing and a Blues trumpet jersey too?

Nah, neither of those. But I do have a dark Isles fisherman jersey, the Bruins "pooh bear" thirds, and the robo Penguin jersey.

I also like the Stars "mooterus" logo and own that jersey as well lol

Hey don't feel so bad. I like the "Buffaslug" logo and the "Gortons fisherman" logo that the Sabres and islanders used in the past. So I feel your pain when people give you dirty looks when you like something no one else does. :lol:

Glad to hear I'm not alone! I love some of the jerseys that people hated. I have a very different taste than most people on here it seems, as you do as well. I love the creative and loud jerseys. That's what they are supposed to be as alternates, something with a cool design. Not just some retro jersey.

2ly2w09.jpg

A black Stars alternate just doesn't make sense right now. Though their last black uni was indeed a ball of suck, I'm sure that they intend to push their new green for a while.

With the removal of gold, a black uni would be drab and pointless without the right amount of contrast as well.

Midway.png

Sneak peak of Sabres new 3rd jersey on Friday at 4 PM per the Sabres Twitter account

Any word on whether it's gonna be royal blue like their last alternate?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Legend probably hopes its a cartoon Buffalo with a cheeky grin and lazer red eyes holding two swords :P

Flaming horse logo was dumb...kind of in the same family as the Mooterus logo and the CBJ bug

That's going a bit too far. It was a bad logo but it wasn't that bad.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

k1u.png

There were multiple concepts posted of a black jersey based on that one. Here's mine...

Stars4_zps0ae1f5c1.png

I hope they bring back the black horse jersey, love those.

I hope not--those were awful--and a lot of others were glad to see them go.

I can't get why they'd dump the retro ones though--that was their best look.

s

I get that you're from Calgary, but no. This is one example where I can honestly look at a retro design and hate everything about it. There's a severe lack of contrast there, and if ever a jersey called out for BFBS, it was that.

There's nothing wrong with the original Flames uniform as it is. Besides, it's a THROWBACK and the original didn't have black in it, so adding it would sort of miss the point.

Also, BFBS wouldn't apply since black is a color in Calgary's scheme and has been since the 90's. It would suck if they added black to the throwback, but even if they did they'd just be using one of their colors...

BFBS would be (for example) if Detroit came out with an all-black alternate while not making black an official color and keeping their other unis the same.

Archived