2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

The 2014 Heritage Classic has been confirmed:

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...me=nhl-senators

So it looks like we'll be seeing at least one new uniform. I could see Vancouver wearing the Millionaire throwbacks from last season against the Sens in a white (or vintage white [i hope not!]) version of the heritage uniform. 2014 will (almost) mark the 100th anniversary of the Millionaires beating the Senators to win the city's only Stanley Cup so it makes sense.

You mean a vintage white Millionaires throwback like this? IMG_1136_zps34f5c02d.jpg

Where did this come from??

I was wondering the same thing. That thing is awesome!

Thanks for asking! Here is the story from Wikipedia: "In 1999, local rock star and bodybuilder Jon Mikl Thor started VM Sports, a company to market a line of Millionaires apparel. Since there were no genuine Millionaires sweaters extant since a fire destroyed Denman Arena in 1936, Thor trademarked the Vancouver Millionaires name and the "Victory V" logo. On May 1, 2008, the BC Sports Hall Of Fame was donated one such Millionaires sweater from VM Sports, which is now featured in the Hall's Cyclone Taylor display.[2] On October 1, 2010 the Vancouver Canucks parent company, Canucks Sports & Entertainment, acquired the Vancouver Millionaires trademark from Thor."

My jersey would be from the days when Thor owned the rights to the Millionaires logos, etc. Some of the Vancouver-based jersey shops carried the maroon version...my wife saw the vintage white version (she liked it better) and bought it for my birthday in February 2009. I had no idea the white even existed, so you can imagine my surprise when I opened my birthday present! I wore the jersey to the Olympic women's hockey semi-finals and did get a number of comments/questions about it. I have not worn it to a Canucks game however...the last game I got to was one when the Maple Leafs were in town, and for my beloved Leafs I could never wear anything remotely connected to the Canucks!

I can haz sig?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what's confusing me, and confusing me greatly. This photo shows this:

0712-buf-3rdpeek.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1373655698871

and then there's this

0712-buf2.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1373691226525

look at the little stripe, the white one. In one photo, it stops, in the other, it does not. Then again, that screencap is of the jersey being "colored in", so there could be some things that aren't being revealed to us. But now I wonder if it's a yoke with a truncated stripe, a la the Bruins or Golden Seals, or if it's an over-shoulder stripe a la the Wild or 80s Jets. Thoughts? Speculation?

and furthermore, what's up with this?

0712-buf4.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1373691754204

Could that white stripe only be on the back of the jersey? Could they be fooling us all with that stripe being elsewhere? Perhaps the hemline? is there anywhere else that stitching could exist???

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

So I decided to look at the pictures of the Sabers' new third and come up with a concept from what I think I see. I know parts of this are going to be wholly wrong, but I think this is a concept that can account for every image we've seen:

Buffalo_REwH_A_1.jpg

The Mayor of Pominville is no longer a Sabre.

Seems right in line with what we've seen, and I know that's not a lot, but so far, it ain't looking good. They can redeem themselves with the striping, but given the gold and the weird yoke, it's already got two strikes.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

So I decided to look at the pictures of the Sabers' new third and come up with a concept from what I think I see. I know parts of this are going to be wholly wrong, but I think this is a concept that can account for every image we've seen:

Buffalo_REwH_A_1.jpg

Needs some navy on the waist and arm stripes to balance it out. If they did that, it wouldn't be completely terrible.

I wonder if they have the same words stitched into the collars of McDonalds employee uniforms.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

sabresthirdjerseywhatweknowcopy_zps7a7220df.png

I've put this together based on the evidence, and I have no idea how right it is. But, for now, this is what I think we know, with some things filled in, and differences on the sleeves based on possibilities (I can't tell if that's white or silver on that stripe, and if the white section has been filled in or not)

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Icethetics tweeted that the jersey might be gold only in the front, with the shoulder yoke leading into a full navy back. I hope that's as legit as the clear shoulder on a Charlotte Bobcats jersey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

When the Seattle Metros hit the ice clad in eggplant and jade.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Icethetics tweeted that the jersey might be gold only in the front, with the shoulder yoke leading into a full navy back.

:puke: Oh, NHL, why must you always screw things up? Please just ditch Reebok (not that Nike's hockey sweaters are any good either...)

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Icethetics tweeted that the jersey might be gold only in the front, with the shoulder yoke leading into a full navy back.

:puke: Oh, NHL, why must you always screw things up? Please just ditch Reebok (not that Nike's hockey sweaters are any good either...)

Well unfortunately, Reebok owns CCM so we can't really go with them. Nike is Nike and they are just as template mad as Reebok... Only option left is Bauer. If I recall correctly, they are now independent and could quite possibly be bidding for the NHL contract once Reebok's has expired.

Archived