2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Anaheim's original color combo for this set was supposed to be dark green, copper, orange, and black. The switch to black/gold/orange was apparently a late change.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the highlights in the Ducks' commercials are of players when they're wearing the alternate jerseys, exactly what the Kings did before promoting their thirds to full-time status. Good sign, I guess. They're not perfect but they're better than the current primaries, at least.

I somewhat doubt that. They don't seem like they're going to be switching uniforms anytime soon, since there's been no talk of them switching for next season, which would mean the earliest they would be switching would be in 14-15, which would be kind of late to make the 3rds the primary uniforms. Usually if teams feel like their going to turn the alts into the primaries, they do it shortly after (a couple years) they release the uniforms as the alternate set. The Ducks also aren't really a team that has a history of turning alternates into the primary uniforms, like other teams tend to do. The Kings have done that a few different times.

I think they're just doing all of that promotion to try and sell more jerseys.... I hope I'm right, because the Ducks could do so much better. The current 3rds are pretty bad, with the phantom yoke, the weird side stripes, and that lazy/ugly shoulder logo. They could have a pretty good primary set if they just made the webbed D the crest logo, added a little bit more orange (while keeping the same colors for the most part), and used a better template. I've seen a few concepts that looked pretty good (and I say "few", because there are way too many concepts that try to blend the old uniforms with the new ones, and they just look like complete :censored:).

Actually the year before they dropped the "Mighty" the Ducks wore their black "Anaheim" script jerseys during the playoffs. While they never actually made it their primary, it signaled a move away from the Disney mask logo and towards a black jersey with a wordmark. Also, I'm pretty sure the Kings current home is the only 3rd jersey they've ever promoted. They swapped the logos on their primary and 3rd during the purple and silver era but that's it.

Yes, the black and eggplant jersey from the mid 00's had an influence on the current jerseys, but they still did something new.

And you're right about the Kings, they did only change logos, I remembered wrong.

Anaheim's original color combo for this set was supposed to be dark green, copper, orange, and black. The switch to black/gold/orange was apparently a late change.

If I remember correctly, the other logo they were thinking about using had the dark green and copper.

I don't get the Ducks. Their set right now is so generic. All they have to do is switch the black to a dark green. Coupled with the orange, that would be a very solid set. Even use black as an accent if you must. But green is soooo under-used in the league, and green-orange is a killer combo.

Their uniforms are generic and boring, but I don't think that's because of the colors, but the improper use of the colors. They need more orange.

Didn't the black/gold thing stem from Brian Burke wanting the Ducks to dress up as an Army team? West Point is, I'm sure, quite truculent.

Yep. The black and gold was from Burke's military idea thing, and the orange is supposed to represent "Orange" County. I think it's a nice color scheme, just misused.

Didn't the black/gold thing stem from Brian Burke wanting the Ducks to dress up as an Army team? West Point is, I'm sure, quite truculent.

That and something or other about Burke growing up as a Bruins fan.

Actually, I stumbled across this page featuring some of the prototype logos. A couple of these were leaked, and you can see with at least one where they started experimenting with a webfoot based design, also it looks like they considered keeping the duck mask logo and making minor adjustments to it.

Anaheim_Ducks_Logo_Development_LR.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1339172606060

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

That and something or other about Burke growing up as a Bruins fan.

Actually, I stumbled across this page featuring some of the prototype logos. A couple of these were leaked, and you can see with at least one where they started experimenting with a webfoot based design, also it looks like they considered keeping the duck mask logo and making minor adjustments to it.

Anaheim_Ducks_Logo_Development_LR.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1339172606060

Really shows how less bland this clubs look could be, such a shame they went with a Penguins rip-off.

untitled-6.jpg

Sharks are having a Buy One Get One Free sale on their white and teal replica jerseys for the next month. Hope this doesn't mean the atrocious black jerseys are getting promoted to primary status next season.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Sharks are having a Buy One Get One Free sale on their white and teal replica jerseys for the next month. Hope this doesn't mean the atrocious black jerseys are getting promoted to primary status next season.

I thought they were keeping that jersey as the third?

Those jock tags ruin the look, especially when they cover up stripes as they do on the Edmonton jersey. :(

Yup. I removed the tag off of my Leafs third with a kitchen knife then ran an iron over the spot. Good as new!

We probably shouldn't even go into the crummy shoulder patches.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I took the jock tag off of my Blue Jackets third jersey and you really can't tell it was every there. In fact, until reading this thread I had forgotten I'd done that and I was wearing the jersey two nights ago.

For the record, the CBJ 3rd jersey that I own was a christmas present from my ex-girlfriend. The only reason I approved her buying it for me was because there's no patches on the shoulders for the replica to ruin.

My next Jackets jersey will be an authentic with real shoulder patches. Those crappy plastic things are a total deal breaker for me, which I guess was their intention when they decided to make them that way.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I thought they were keeping that jersey as the third?

According to the catalogue they are getting new Home and Away jerseys. The black jersey will stick around as an alternate.

Archived