2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as long as it's the right skyline, (which it appears to be) I think it's good to go.

Why is the Calgary Tower still in it then?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

as long as it's the right skyline, (which it appears to be) I think it's good to go.

It's not the Calgary Tower. There's a very similar looking tower at Harbour Centre. I can't get a good angle of it from where I am in the city right now. If you were standing around Main & Terminal or maybe Quebec & Terminal you'd probably be able to get a shot that resembles the skyline in the graphic.

This is the best shot I could find of the skyline that includes BC Place and the tower (which you can see in the middle, just behind BC Place). It's just not same orientation as the graphic.

BCPlaceCitySkylineday.jpg

It's not the Calgary Tower. There's a very similar looking tower at Harbour Centre. I can't get a good angle of it from where I am in the city right now. If you were standing around Main & Terminal or maybe Quebec & Terminal you'd probably be able to get a shot that resembles the skyline in the graphic.

This is the best shot I could find of the skyline that includes BC Place and the tower (which you can see in the middle, just behind BC Place). It's just not same orientation as the graphic.

BCPlaceCitySkylineday.jpg

Now they just have to erect similar towers in Edmonton, Winnipeg, Montreal, Ottawa, and Markham and they'll never have to change that logo again. Brilliant!

nhl94vansigpng.png

As much as Nike seems like a good option to become the league's next uniform manufacturer (at least compared to Reebok), keep in mind that for their international jerseys, they charge $429 for a blank authentic (not a typo!). Mind you, the replicas are the same price as Reebok's, but still, that's not very promising.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

To be fair, I'm assuming it's because they sell far less international jerseys than Reebok does NHL teams, no?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

As much as Nike seems like a good option to become the league's next uniform manufacturer (at least compared to Reebok), keep in mind that for their international jerseys, they charge $429 for a blank authentic (not a typo!). Mind you, the replicas are the same price as Reebok's, but still, that's not very promising.

Where can you buy those? All I've seen is the sub-$200 replicas directly from the respective national teams like this one.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Where can you buy those? All I've seen is the sub-$200 replicas directly from the respective national teams like this one.

Pro Hockey Life. In the one I go to, they have replicas for about half a dozen teams, but the only authentics they sell are for Canada.

To be fair, I'm assuming it's because they sell far less international jerseys than Reebok does NHL teams, no?

If there's already a low demand, they'd make them cheaper to sell more. Charging that much would just drive off more people and lower the demand.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Nike's replicas are far superior to those "EDGE" pieces of trash.

Not sure if it's been previously mentioned but while watching EA Sports NHL 14 teaser video today, Nashville was sporting a think gold stripe down the side of their pants, Red Wings style. They've had all the uniform changes up to date so it might be something.....

Not sure if it's been previously mentioned but while watching EA Sports NHL 14 teaser video today, Nashville was sporting a think gold stripe down the side of their pants, Red Wings style. They've had all the uniform changes up to date so it might be something.....

Which video? Checked a whole bunch and didn't see any changes.

OttawaSenators.png

I would think its real. No need for EA to change things randomly. I would think that they get an update from each team yearly, a lot of them being small tweaks. We have seen this in the past with Calgary's socks and Minnesota's side patches.

Archived