2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that pants stripe actually. I'm not a huge fan of plain pants to be perfectly honest. It'll also help separate the Preds' look from the Sabres' and Blues'.

Ehh, I think using gold as the primary colour is enough to distance them from Buffalo and St. Louis.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Is that the NHL '94 mode? Could be that part of it is to give slightly inaccurate uniform from a template.

'94 mode has blue ice and other than a few gameplay tweaks is the same as every other mode.

arent we due for another Sabres 3rd jersey pic?

They just did one a few days ago that wasn't posted here. I would but I'm on mobile. It showed nothing. Basically looked like the new yellow Reebok practice jerseys.

Perhaps it was just bullkapookie, but the manager at a hockey store said that a Bauer representative said they are planning to take over part or half the NHL team uniforms in 2014. When is Reebok's contract up? And is this even true?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

They should just bring back the old CCM 6100 cut regardless of which company logo appears on the back. All the edge designs worth keeping could transfer seamlessly to those jerseys (I have listed them below). What I wouldn't give to see the end of those hideous scooped hemlines...

Boston Bruins

Chicago Blackhawks

Dallas Stars

Detroit Red Wings

Edmonton Oilers

Montreal Canadiens

New Jersey Devils

New York Islanders

New York Rangers

Philadelphia Flyers

Toronto Maple Leafs

Vancouver Canucks

Winnipeg Jets (with straight hem stripes)

By my count, 20 teams were hit by the switch to Reebok. I'd say 13 could be classified as "God-foresaken monstrosities" (Atlanta, Buffalo, Calgary, Colorado, Dallas, Edmonton, Nashville, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Washington). Today, those numbers are 12 and 6. I fear that a manufacturer switch may destroy all this progress.

(It may seem that I'm being pretty liberal with my use of "God-foresaken monstrosity. I'm not. Look back at 2007-08. Teams who forgot that hem stripes existed (eg. Toronto, Phoenix) are bad, but I'm not even including them. I'm talking about the Colorados, Blues, and Calgarys from six years ago. Hard to believe there were that many!)

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

They should just bring back the old CCM 6100 cut regardless of which company logo appears on the back. All the edge designs worth keeping could transfer seamlessly to those jerseys (I have listed them below). What I wouldn't give to see the end of those hideous scooped hemlines...

I like the modern cuts. The scooped hemlines and tighter fit look better.

When Reebok took over CCM, they actually made the 6100 jersey larger for a couple of seasons, with billowing arms and a wider chest. Suddenly, a 48 drowned me, but a 46 was a good fit. I assume this was done to make the streamlining of the Edge jersey seem even more dramatic by comparison.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived