2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're way too busy in some places and way too plain in others. The arms have SO MUCH going on, and then the silver stripes show up and go away, and then they're just so plain on the bottom with no hemline stripes.

Those jerseys started the no-hemline garbage we still haven't fully gotten rid of.

And that template is so overused with young teams, junior, peewee, high school. ACHA, etc that it's pathetic. Every time it looks awful. Every time.

Sure, they're not the worst thing on paper, but you get those sleeves down at the sides and those arms moving, and they're a mess.

I fully believe that their popularity, which was mostly for the Sabres being blue again, made the switch to the Edge jerseys possible, as they had been rejected just a year before by the Board of Governors. That piece of crap changed their minds.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

i guess i should just post in the "unpopular opinion" thread... but a few people put the classic logo on the buffaslug template, and i think it looks pretty great.

didn't realize that was such an unpopular opinion.

ShaunFiedler-BUF.png

if these had been unveiled instead of the buffaslug, i honestly think they'd be wildly popular and still in use today.

Only thing I don't like is the gray. Without the Buffaslug it looks out of place. Maybe get rid of it all together? A quick mockup:

biu4.png

70389454.png

What on earth? Those templates were just as bad as the Buffaslug IMO. The whole thing was a mess. Complete lack of traditional striping or real hockey-ness to the aesthetic at all. Ugh, hated it, and this one looks bad as well.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Ugh. That was one of the worst Edge templates, even worse than Pittsburgh's. Thank God it's gone.

Fixed. It beats the Bettman Apron.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The entire buffaslug set was an abomination. Putting the highly overrated "classic" crest on it doesn't fix anything in my books. You're just replacing one bad logo with another. The Sabres should really update that logo. I've seen plenty of modernizations of the years that blow it clear out of the water. Aside from the dull shade of gold, this one looks fantastic...

141z.png

Ugh. That was one of the worst Edge templates, even worse than Pittsburgh's. Thank God it's gone.

Fixed. It beats the Bettman Apron.

No chance. The Bettman striped bib template makes the slug one look like a work of art.

i Personally really dig the old crest (ie, the current one). It's classic and bold. It doesn't need to be modernised. it is what it is.

Just lose the silver outlines everywhere.

I still contend that this is my favorite look that the Sabres broke out

Buffalo-Sabres-Red-Alternate-Jersey-2000

Now obviously the red and black era's come and gone, but I still have a soft spot for these. It could've been a nice basis for a royal/navy and gold redesign back in the day, but you know, Buffaslug.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

aren't the black and red sabres uniforms considered some of the best of the 90's? and all the love of the stars cup jerseys, and the avs cup jerseys?

how are they any more "Hockey aesthetic" than the buffaslug's template?

not every team needs to wear traditional horizontal stripes in hockey. i'm glad MY team does, and some teams should never wear anything but... but some nontraditional hockey templates look nice. i think the sabres were one of them. very modern and dare i say better than the bastardized version of their classic uniforms they wear now.

that said, the royal and yellow and non-pit-stained classic sabres look is the best. but since they refuse to wear that, i'd at least be open to a modern template like the original buffaslug shape. and i refuse to apologize about it :)

You know what would have improved the Sabres' old uniforms? Single-layer numbers on the road. Yellow jumps off royal blue perfectly fine without white. It also would have set them off from the Blues a little more.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Is it just me or is the blue and yellow colour scheme a kind of nasty combination? Colour-theory wise it makes sense, but whenever I see it I just get an uncomfortable, plastic, tacky, inorganic feel from it. It never sits right with me. I don't hate St.Louis' uniforms, but I feel I would like them a lot more if it weren't for the horrible addition of yellow. Is it just me? I've always been a bit weird so I won't be surprised if it is.

Archived