2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Is it just me or is the blue and yellow colour scheme a kind of nasty combination? Colour-theory wise it makes sense, but whenever I see it I just get an uncomfortable, plastic, tacky, inorganic feel from it. It never sits right with me. I don't hate St.Louis' uniforms, but I feel I would like them a lot more if it weren't for the horrible addition of yellow. Is it just me? I've always been a bit weird so I won't be surprised if it is.

I prefer blue/gold more than blue/yellow, but yeah I'd guess that you're in the minority as far as that opinion goes. Different strokes though.

330zl3b.png

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think blue and yellow can look fantastic together. the forsberg/sundin/salo era swedes have some of the nicest hockey uniforms i've ever seen. especially the yellow sweater.

i'm talking before the white outlines.

hi-res-72304133_display_image.jpg?135630

that looks amazing.

^That's a lighter shade of blue than what I had in mind. My personal opinion still stands though. Even though I was thinking of more blue being the predominant colour in the combination. Maybe, I dunno.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Is it just me or is the blue and yellow colour scheme a kind of nasty combination? Colour-theory wise it makes sense, but whenever I see it I just get an uncomfortable, plastic, tacky, inorganic feel from it. It never sits right with me. I don't hate St.Louis' uniforms, but I feel I would like them a lot more if it weren't for the horrible addition of yellow. Is it just me? I've always been a bit weird so I won't be surprised if it is.

20121217_kkt_ar5_642.0_standard_352.0.jp Does that include other sports

i think blue and yellow can look fantastic together. the forsberg/sundin/salo era swedes have some of the nicest hockey uniforms i've ever seen. especially the yellow sweater.

i'm talking before the white outlines.

hi-res-72304133_display_image.jpg?135630

that looks amazing.

That game was amazing.

But Sweden always has the nicest sweater in international hockey as always. Any colour combination of a colour and yellow with no white is a winner in my books.

20121217_kkt_ar5_642.0_standard_352.0.jp Does that include other sports

Sure. Some cases are worse than others, but I don't really enjoy it anywhere.

I'm a fan of this trend of using big logos and larges designs on masks. It makes the mask look bold. Too long did we suffer from the extremely over detailed masks where you had to be standing a foot from the mask to make out whatever the design was.

OttawaSenators.png

The white centre stripe thing looks like a cricket bat. Also feels like it's just been stuck there.

If you look the right way it looks like a brandng iron extending to his chin and whe actual brand is the design on the chin.

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

^Could be...

Despite the fact that it's not clear what it represents, I like goalie masks that contain some geometric elements that break up the more detailed parts of a design. That's particularly why I have liked most of Luongo's mask designs because they have all contained some sort of basic shapes and V's in his case, which give the mask a strong bold aesthetic as opposed to some of the more busy detailed designs you see here and there. In saying that, there has been a movement by most goalie mask artists to use geometric elements more than they used to and I think it reflects in the quantity of quality of designs you see today.

Archived