ksupilot

2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

The rumor is that they'll just be adding a tie-down collar, which they should.

Any word on the Sharks? Are they still changing uni's?

They and the Habs are still set to unveil new uniforms.

Do you have any sources, or are you just guessing?

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/6/18/nhl-jerseywatch-2013.html

Habs and Sharks are still listed as debuting new home and road sets.

I gotta assume any change to the Habs would be very minor, yes?

The rumor is that they'll just be adding a tie-down collar, which they should.

Minor changes are the most likely.

Personally, I'd like to see a tie-down collar and a new nameplate font. The current one clashes with the rest of the uniform imo.

I tweeted at one of the Sharks "insiders" with CSN California about the jerseys and he said he asked and received the answer of "no comment"

https://twitter.com/KKurzCSN/status/364454426301300736

Update: Other guy I tweeted said we will see new jerseys this year or next.. so the delay could be approval process in the new design or something? FWIW Brodie is pretty connected and is usually right in his predictions.. So if its a new jersey and it delayed a year,, I wounder the cause.

https://twitter.com/brodiebrazilCSN/status/364465155897163776

If San Jose does indeed have a new uniform to release, they would be smart to do so during Shark Week....

Coyotes sale complete, so time to watch for the Arizona Coyotes rebrand news...though they had said that won't happen until 2014-2015

Coyotes sale complete, so time to watch for the Arizona Coyotes rebrand news...though they had said that won't happen until 2014-2015

I think "Arizona Coyotes" flows better as a name, although I believe this will mean an end to the cool shoulder patch that the Yotes had, which I always thought was one of the the best parts of their uniforms

150px-PhoenixCoyotesAlternate.png

Icethetics had one cool proposal that kept it but changed the lettering, although the rest of the ancient white makes me wretch a little

0129-bastianschmulling-phx.png?__SQUARES

^ Personally I think the Coyotes should get a whole new logo and uniform set and start over with a rebrand. That logo seems to be associated with bankruptcy now.

Better yet they should change the name to the Arizona Octopus.

They could use this as a logo

dnzjpd.jpg

They would sell hundreds of billions of dollars worth of merchandise easily and that will go a long way in paying off the teams debt!!

They would sell hundreds of billions of dollars worth of merchandise easily and that will go a long way in paying off the teams debt!!

Whatever you're smoking... stop smoking it.

I think the Coyotoes identity is a damn good one that's underrated. Ignoring the fact that it has failed as a franchise for the most part on and off the ice, the primary logo is a modern classic, and the jerseys aren't overdone (in stark contrast to their original look). Although the team will probably located in the next 5 years, I'll be sad to see this identity go away.

I think the Coyotoes identity is a damn good one that's underrated. Ignoring the fact that it has failed as a franchise for the most part on and off the ice, the primary logo is a modern classic, and the jerseys aren't overdone (in stark contrast to their original look). Although the team will probably located in the next 5 years, I'll be sad to see this identity go away.

I used to be a big proponent of the Coyotes identity but my GOD it's boring. The logo is so static (and a bit outdated), and the jerseys are lifeless. I would welcome a rebrand with open arms. It doesn't help that the logo is paired with financial trouble.

With the change to Arizona next year, they should do a Blue Jays-eqsue rebrand to something that is a more modern version of their original set.

^ Personally I think the Coyotes should get a whole new logo and uniform set and start over with a rebrand. That logo seems to be associated with bankruptcy now.

That's exactly how I feel about this logo. No matter how well they do from here on out, that logo was everywhere whenever the team's financial troubles were brought up. The only way to lose the stigma is to rebrand completely.

Since the new ownership group got Glendale's approval, they've been using their primary logo overlaid on the secondary quite a bit:

coyotes_13_summer-wrap2_zps1c40a972.png

This would look a lot better on the front of the jersey, I think. The Coyote head has been too big and too vertical since the Edge takeover. Mind you, that would fix only one problem with the uniform, and it would still be inferior to the Picassoyote, but hey, baby steps.

I don't like it. Too much going on, and the red/white reminds me of warring Japanese. The head logo is fine enough on its own; just stop using Impact numbers and boring stripes.

That looks nice but it would be a horrible shape for a jersey crest.

I don't think the Yotes should change. Stick with it. It's not a bad look at all. It can be improved on a lot, but they just rebranded so there's no call to do it again.

It was crazy but I did like the Peyote Coyote.

The current logo is nice too, it's too bad it is now associated with the Glendale Gong Show.

The bonus to the team staying for 5 years, the $4 Coyotes t-shirt I got at Gabriel Brothers will stay current for a bit longer. :)

Pssst....read his username.

As for the Habs, I'm hoping they also fix those dumb concave arm stripes on top if adding laces. Losing the double-outline on the numbers would be nice as well.

Hypothetical question for anyone with access to the NHL style guide: If a team wasnt making any changes to the jersey itself, but was just changing the name/number font, or maybe just removing front numbers, would the new style guide list that team as having a new jersey?

Hypothetical question for anyone with access to the NHL style guide: If a team wasnt making any changes to the jersey itself, but was just changing the name/number font, or maybe just removing front numbers, would the new style guide list that team as having a new jersey?

Yes even if its something minor like adding a tie down collar, they will say they have a new jersey

dnzjpd.jpg

Terrible idea. Get back to work:

thedreamofthefishermanswifehz0.jpg

dnzjpd.jpg

Terrible idea. Get back to work:

thedreamofthefishermanswifehz0.jpg

T4TtBUX.gif