2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

I think he meant an established colour that actually looked good rather than the complimentary opposite of the two teams.

I think black orange and green would look good.
It would make me rush my move to Florida more than anything else. I can't find a way in my mind that those colours would work
So you'd go to FL where orange and green are the most used colors

I don't mind orange and green. (I'm a fan of the Solar Bears everything)

The idea of orange and green AND BLACK (which would probably be the primary colour making everything worse) is one of the worst possible colour schemes in sports IMO.

I'm planning to go there anyway even if the Jaguars are still around and wearing purple.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also saw this on HF. Looks amazing IMO.

tUoXzN8.png

Looks great, but I think I like the one habsfan posted:

BrianBrideau-OTTmashup.png

A lot less drab, and the red is so much more vibrant. If they slap this on a black uniform I think it'd pop.

No way, the first one is a much nicer improvement. The duller tone for the gold is a more classy look than the almost bright orange. The added helmet decal and the mowhawk outline are nice touches as well.

There are too many outlines around the original logo. The 3 on the hairpiece is way too much. My version corrected that problem.

Normally I would agree. Simplifying elements in a logo is usually the way to go nowdays, however I think the gold trim look that appears on the original works. Gives the logo a more regal feel.

Nice concept but those sleeves on the whites are giving me flashbacks to the Islanders Edge set.

Seriously, despite the terd in the picture, they need to go back to these.

yashin-ottawa-getty-craigmelvin.jpg?w=32402515_display_image.jpg?1311743409

Yep, I'm in full agreement. The absolute epitome of a modern classic right here. How anyone can advocate going with a generic, times new roman "O" when this exists is beyond me. Shows how irrational this retro craze has gotten...

The jerseys are arguably the best the franchise has ever worn but the logo wreaks of 90's sports branding. Much like the Blue Jackets' buzzer logo (I know it isn't technically a 90's logo) or the Pistons' horse head logo, the centurion head was a way for league executives to try and take an abstract (i.e. not marketable to kids) name and loosely relate it to a more cartoonish mascot (Canadian senators = Roman senators = gladiators, Blue Jackets = yellow jackets + Civil War history = Buzzer, Pistons = cars = horsepower = horse). The O may seem generic but it represents the city's storied hockey history, which is something that the team should be emphasizing. It'd be great to see the new Sens lift the Cup someday wearing the O and barberpole stripes just like the NHL's first dynasty did.

I saw this on HFBoards. Sens fans are apparently trying to petition the team into changing their jerseys.

http://twitter.com/sensinblack

http://twitter.com/sensinblack/status/364138685874200576

pd4aJha.jpg

OMG YES!!! The Senators Looked awesome with the all black and red dark set. http://www.nhluniforms.com/Senators/SenatorsNEW02.html They ruined it when they added white, that made the home and road not match, and have introduced increasingly worse and worse looks since then.

Nice concept but those sleeves on the whites are giving me flashbacks to the Islanders Edge set.

Seriously, despite the terd in the picture, they need to go back to these.

Yep, I'm in full agreement. The absolute epitome of a modern classic right here. How anyone can advocate going with a generic, times new roman "O" when this exists is beyond me. Shows how irrational this retro craze has gotten...

The jerseys are arguably the best the franchise has ever worn but the logo wreaks of 90's sports branding. Much like the Blue Jackets' buzzer logo (I know it isn't technically a 90's logo) or the Pistons' horse head logo, the centurion head was a way for league executives to try and take an abstract (i.e. not marketable to kids) name and loosely relate it to a more cartoonish mascot (Canadian senators = Roman senators = gladiators, Blue Jackets = yellow jackets + Civil War history = Buzzer, Pistons = cars = horsepower = horse). The O may seem generic but it represents the city's storied hockey history, which is something that the team should be emphasizing. It'd be great to see the new Sens lift the Cup someday wearing the O and barberpole stripes just like the NHL's first dynasty did.

The logo should reek of 90's branding, their inaugural season was 1993 and unlike Stinger, who was vanquished from primary status before the team took the ice, the Centurion Head is subtle and has had staying power. Sure there is an abstract connection to the Roman Senate but that's better than no connection at all. The generic "O" with two red stripes could represent any team playing in Ottawa, hockey or otherwise. Remove gold from the team's palette and they look like any other Red White and Black team. Add the fact it represents a different team that folded 63 years before the current one took the ice and should be a no brainer. Might as well have the Canucks wearing the Millionaires logo full time.

Yeah, I don't mind the "O", er... "0" logo as a shoulder patch - it's s nice tip of the cap to their city's hockey history - but I don't like the uniform as an alternate (especially since it's a fauxback), let alone as a full-time look.

And not to mention the fact that this will never happen, ever. The sens will either keep pumping out terrible red jerseys or go to a set based off of the heritage sweater after the heritage classic.

I'm personally hoping for the latter.

Is there any chance that we might see a barber poll jersey for the Sens for the Heritage Classic? I know the 67's home jersey is a barber poll edge jersey. I think it would be cool to see the Sens in a jersey from right back in the day when they were winning the Cups.

Yeah, but the 67's sweater is similar to the current Senators alternate, rather than an actual barber pole jersey.

Binghamton tried the barber pole sweater already, it actually looked half-decent, much better than the Habs barber pole.

bingothrowback.jpg

I saw this on HFBoards. Sens fans are apparently trying to petition the team into changing their jerseys.

http://twitter.com/sensinblack

http://twitter.com/sensinblack/status/364138685874200576

pd4aJha.jpg

Ugh. Why not just make a white version of the current alt and call it a day?

No, that alt is an alt jersey at best. That's even worse than suggesting the Canucks wear the rink and stick full time. Not saying either are horrible suggestions, but the =O= full time would be worse IMO.

I really like these jerseys. Better than what they have now, but that's mainly because the template is so bleh. I would like to see what the current Sens logo looks like on these jerseys.

Well first of all, the Canucks should be wearing the rink full time.

And I really do just think the Senators need to incorporate the barber pole pattern in some way.

They could still look good and uniquewithout being boring/derivative.

Don't know if this should go here but the Providence Bruins tweeted a pic of their new uniforms this season:

https://twitter.com/AHLBruins/status/367679828993900545/photo/1

Thank god, they finally fixed the :censored:ing spokes around the P.

LOL WUT?

No they didnt.

And what is with those laces on the black jersey. And would it kill them to add hemline stripes!?!?!?

Don't know if this should go here but the Providence Bruins tweeted a pic of their new uniforms this season:

https://twitter.com/AHLBruins/status/367679828993900545/photo/1

Thank god, they finally fixed the :censored:ing spokes around the P.

LOL WUT?

No they didnt.

And what is with those laces on the black jersey. And would it kill them to add hemline stripes!?!?!?

I think it is to look like bistons alternate, and i like it alot, especially the yellow home that reminds me of the winter classic

Archived