ksupilot

2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

Why can't we just leak jerseys the old fashioned way?

This whole "teaser" bull :censored: is infuriating.

This. I don't care any more. Just release your damn jerseys or shut it.
I think it's safe to say it's jumped the shark.

**puts on sunglasses**

2740760-1735968_csi_miami_yeah_super.jpg

I really just want them to use the shark fin logo alone on the shoulders of the 3rd like they used to. Not the SJ style one they have now.

I also am glad the orange is staying, I love it in their color scheme.

The standalone shark fin and the updated 2-D senator are two logos that have really gotten the short shrift from their teams.

Non-NHL question, but shouldn't the name of HC Dynamo Moscow on the mothership be changed from UHC Dynamo Moscow? I was reading on Wikipedia and it mentioned that they changed the name from UHC back to HC.

1184779_4971086764182_604440195_n.jpg

...OK seriously Sharks, what the :censored: is this? Is it a sign of a slow and gradual rebrand back to the original colour scheme in five years time, or are you trying too hard to please everyone by only having one orange stripe to appeal to a percentage of fans who still want it there? If this is nothing more than a minor change to your current uniforms, what's the bloody point?

Why can't we just leak jerseys the old fashioned way?

This whole "teaser" bull :censored: is infuriating.

This. I don't care any more. Just release your damn jerseys or shut it.

These. It's a stupid, stupid marketing fad. All it does is create confusion up until the actual thing is revealed. Or a build up to disappointment.

About the only good thing to come out of this Sharks teaser is a laugh at their expense.

I actually find this teaser to be somewhat encouraging. The Sharks current set is just a few tweaks away from being the best since the teams inception and minimizing orange will go a long way. The asymmetrical striping also seperates them from the whole retro fad which is wearing unbearably thin... Ditch the front numbers, shoulder yokes & use the full sized fin as a shoulder patch and they're golden.

I actually find this teaser to be somewhat encouraging. The Sharks current set is just a few tweaks away from being the best since the teams inception and minimizing orange will go a long way. The asymmetrical striping also seperates them from the whole retro fad which is wearing unbearably thin... Ditch the front numbers, shoulder yokes & use the full sized fin as a shoulder patch and they're golden.

I agree with this 100%... I have so many jerseys I want to buy but I hate the current set

Edit:

Here is the next video.

.OTb7olN.png

I hope those are not front numbers...

Maybe this is just step on in the Sharks "teaser" pics. Eliminating one orange stripe and the next pic will have both gone...

It looks like I may be right! Get that orange outta here.

Maybe this is just step on in the Sharks "teaser" pics. Eliminating one orange stripe and the next pic will have both gone...

That's a very real possibility.

I agree with this 100%... I have so many jerseys I want to buy but I hate the current set

Edit:

Here is the next video.

.OTb7olN.png

I hope those are not front numbers...

That better be the sleeve numbers

Even if it's the front number, the fact that there's no orange trim is a plus.

SAN JOSE - In the past couple of days, the Sharks have been sending out hints over social media that they will be changing their sweaters for the 2013-14 season, using the hashtag #TheNextWave.

While it’s true that there will some alterations, don’t expect any drastic differences from what San Jose has been donning in recent seasons. According to one team source, there will be “tweaks to a couple of our jerseys.” The black third jerseys will remain.

The biggest difference will be in the material. The Sharks have worn their black jerseys in the postseason for the past three seasons, mainly due to the players preferring the lighter feel.

In 2013, the Sharks were 5-1-2 when wearing black in the regular season, and a perfect 7-0 in the postseason.

The Sharks will reveal the new sweaters later this week.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/hockey-san-jose-sharks/sharks-making-minor-changes-sweaters

So they've dumped the orange from the numbers but kept it in the striping? wildwing64 hit the nail on the head. These are going to try way to hard to appeal to everyone only to end up looking disjointed. A focus group was likely involved.

Yeah, my interest level plummeted when I saw those plain, boring numbers. The NHL is getting as bad as the MLB with all the bland, faux-retro, trying-to-please-everyone uniforms teams are switching to.

I wouldn't call dumping the orange from the Sharks' scheme faux-retro. Look at the uniforms they wore from 1991-98. Pretty standard striping. The Sharks are also a team that aspires to be on the same level as the NHL's cornerstone teams, so a traditional striping pattern can work for them. The uniforms they've worn since 2007 are pretty traditional actually, even with the orange.

Yeah, my interest level plummeted when I saw those plain, boring numbers. The NHL is getting as bad as the MLB with all the bland, faux-retro, trying-to-please-everyone uniforms teams are switching to.

Any uniform with teal and black is not "faux-retro". Removing the unnecessary orange outline from the numbers hardly leaves them "plain" - single-outlined numbers are pretty standard. Having an orange outline in the first place would be like the Braves having a gold outline (minus the history). It's such a minor tertiary colour in the logo that doesn't need to be on the numbers/striping.

Any uniform with teal and black is not "faux-retro". Removing the unnecessary orange outline from the numbers hardly leaves them "plain" - single-outlined numbers are pretty standard. Having an orange outline in the first place would be like the Braves having a gold outline (minus the history). It's such a minor tertiary colour in the logo that doesn't need to be on the numbers/striping.

Exactly. The new numbers are the same colours as the ones on the Teal Pre-Edge jersey.

So they've dumped the orange from the numbers but kept it in the striping? wildwing64 hit the nail on the head. These are going to try way to hard to appeal to everyone only to end up looking disjointed. A focus group was likely involved.

Mock up of this? it may not be bad.

I much prefer the way the Sharks are "teasing" their new jerseys (formal jersey shots, much like the Hurricanes did with their jersey unveiling), versus the uber folded upside down BS that the Sabres are showcasing.