2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Yeah these would have been cool.

On my phone, and can only post the pic trough twitter. My guess for the home teal: BSEu_oTCcAEHuW_.jpg

And thinking they're paying homage to their original jerseys, a guess on the white:

BSE4sM3CUAA4Goc.jpg

sigh. these would have been so great

I'm just now seeing the new uniforms for the first time (other than my prediction mockup). I need a bit of time to digest. I missed the numbers on the front, and had a feeling they were going to keep them. My full analysis coming soon. At first glance, in my opinion they're not horrible, but they could be better.

Sadly, you nailed it, my friend.

Based on the teaser video, and most seem to believe that the sharktooth stitching indicates that the striping we are looking at is the elbow. Also the black armor thirds are popular, I think they may go close to that route, with the one orange stripe on each elbow.

Here's a quick mockup of my prediction.

The white is kind of bland, but whatever - just going with a gut feeling. So far the teaser videos I don't believe the teaser videos have ruled this out yet. Thoughts? Would this be too much of an update? Also yeah the "Reebok" on the home teal in the teaser is definitely silver/gray. On the road sweater they could have the "Reebok" lettering in Black. I would not have a problem with either.

Edit: I left the patches off, because I got tired of messing with the mockup, besides I'm not too sure which one they'll use. If the want less orange, they'll probably keep the full shark. Otherwise who really knows?

They could also go the way of the old originals on the road sweaters, with the teal on the bottom and sleeves, but this felt a little more streamlined.

sharksupdate2013-14_possible_zpsfb909037

sadly, you were right, my friend. Kudos.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what I wanted

uCVG7MX.jpg

Ah...no orange. No baseball numbers. Excellent.

Agree, though maybe some silver could've helped.

Yeah, not really happy with the unis. Slight downgrade. The black is a solid alt, but should just be used for that. The jerseys seem kind of empty/incomplete. Of course though, I have a strong feeling that I will be getting one of them for Christmas still. I think IceCap has said this before, that grey makes more sense because the Bay Area is way more foggier then normal(though the weather is still awesome in general).

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

SJS_WEB_NewJerseyHome_950x741v2.jpg

Well they retained the pointless orange, eliminated the collar accent, and added ridiculous looking laces that have no real purpose on a modern jersey other than being in the way... Didn't think the Sharks could downgrade any more than they did last time round. Sadly I was mistaken.

Still miss these beauties

San-Jose-Sharks-nhl-Hockey-jerseys.jpg

Add an identical hem stripe, remove the front numbers, and replace the jumping shark shoulder patches with a fin logo, and you have some real nice jerseys! Until those changes are made, they will be mediocre.

I love the new numbers on the away jerseys, though. The removal of orange makes the teal pop.

Who cares what they look like.

i-said-what.jpg

Just remember the jersey has no special powers. Who cares what they look like. I'm sure they will make the playoffs.

They have an aging core on the wrong side of 33 and a bottom six of clay pigeons. West blows, though, and no hem stripes make them faster, so 60/40 they're in.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yes, we get it... every team outside of Chicago is slow and awful. You've said it quite often.

Why is orange "pointless"?

Also, the partisan bickering can stop, you know, now.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yes, we get it... every team outside of Chicago is slow and awful. You've said it quite often.

I've said no such thing. And I think it's perfectly in play to mock the Sharks about this stuff when they were the ones talking about how they need to wear their black uniforms in the playoffs because the teal ones weigh them down. Come on. That's silly!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Some of you need to simmer the :censored: down. They're not bad, in fact they're really close to their original look which a lot of people have been clamoring for. Are they perfect? No. They should've ditched the stupid ass front numbers and kept a hem stripe, but other than that, they're far from the "WURST JERZEEZ EVUR!!!1!11!eleven111"

This uniform is only a few tweaks away from being awesome. It doesn't make it good by any stretch of the imagination though.

phaneuf-js-leafs-3-copy_zpsa369cabf.jpg

I don't like that because that's basically the teal version of the Devils and I think the Sharks need a third color to play with, but not orange.

They're one of those teams who got it right on the first try and have been missing ever since.

000546187.jpg

(I'll admit the Flyers inspired uniforms of the early 2000s weren't bad)

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm not sure if it's just me, but seeing as there's now much less black on the uniform, and then you have a blank main body going straight into the black pants... something about that feels very rec league.

I don't think this look is going to grow on me anytime soon. Just a half arsed job where they trimmed down the existing look for no good reason. These suck for the same reasons the Bruins third jersey sucks.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

You know what would really make there new uniforms better?

A Stanley Cup champions patch on the front.

(starts playing tiny violin)

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I'm not much of a hockey fan, and this is probably the only time I've visited this thread since the Stars look came out, but I have to say, I like these. The orange really pops on the sleeve, and I'm glad they've gone away with the yolk. And I think hem stripes would look better, but I think it's still a good look without them.

spacer.png

THE GOOD
For me, MORE TEAL!!! It may not be traditional, but that's San Jose's trademark.
Removal of shoulder yoke.

THE BAD
Removal of hem stripes. Really, can't Reebok do sublimation like their predecessor, CCM did on jerseys for years? Can't use the excuse on the material as it essentially the same material as the CCM jerseys now.
Lace up collar. Want to lose weight? Don't add a lace collar.
Shoulder yoke excuse. They didn't remove the black shoulders (teal on the road whites) for weight, it has the same shoulders just not in contrasting colors.

THE UGLY
The WTF full shark shoulder patch. Want to sell more jerseys? Use the retro route and go the diamond logo.
And really? Was there a need for front numbers? Only one of two teams use em and with the numbers on the helmets IT IS NOT NEEDED!!!
The practice jersey comparison. Pretty bad.
Lightweight "excuse": it's pretty lame. Yes, I will say there is more weight with stripes and not as much without, however, that can be fixed with sublimation, as seen on the AHL replica jerseys.

Overall, I like the teal one. I wished there was striping on the hem, and the fin shoulders (or even the SJ+fin) perhaps get those patches on ebay and put them on myself. White is bleh, though kudos for the teal laces.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Man, when the Edge system came out Sharks home was the first that I added to the collection. This is a huge downgrade and I will not be buying it.

This is another case of "A CCSLCer Could Have Done It Better".

The thing is, CCSLCers are working without boundaries. There's nobody giving direction, there's no client insisting on a stripe, or a front number, or anything else. So yeah - without limits or requirements, pretty much most people could design a jersey that would appeal to more of us than this one does. Unfortunately, we don't know what guidelines the designer(s) was/were given, what the client really wanted, and what options were rejected.

There's plenty not to like about this, but the only truly egregious error was the lack of hem striping. I don't think that's the only thing wrong with this design, just the only facepalm worthy choice.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived