2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weight wise, wouldnt the Bruins home/away jerseys carry the same effect as the Sharks old edge jerseys? Sounds like more excuse-making....

It is. The original idea of the "EDGE" jerseys were to make teams faster and lighter. The original fabric for the "EDGE" jerseys was ditched inside of 2 months.

NIKE had/has their own form fitting uniforms. The only team not to wear a form fitting jersey in the 2006 Olympics(Sweden), won gold. Canada wore a hybrid of the two fabrics in the 2010 Olympics and won gold.

There is no proof these jerseys contribute to performance, in fact some players have said it has made them worse. Hence the switch back to the traditional fabric.

It should be one for the OITGDNHL thread that the league approved moisture-wicking uniforms that wicked the moisture right into the players' gloves, giving everyone giant swollen prune-hands.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Was there a secret planned trade to Florida that we didn't know about?

It's almost dead on the logo.

It's just a repaint of his Kings mask

Image-5.jpg

Slightly different details in the top row of teeth, the nose, and the eyes. Not a direct copy.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Although I think they both suck, I prefer their new jerseys. I like the shade of teal more and I am a big fan of minimalist designs (in most cases).

umm... I think it's the same shade. They were going for addition by subtraction...

I actually like those Sabres patches (on their own, at least), but I would like to formally apologize and retract my previous statements that "the new owner was a season ticket holder back in the early 80's. OF COURSE he's going to want the next uniform change to be like the classic blue-and-golds!"

From this...

I miss these already. The Sharks were one of the last teams to unveil their original edge look and after an entire summer of panelled, piping laced atrocities with no hem stripes, these jerseys seemed like a godsend. Should have left this set alone since the organization wasn't capable of improving it...

The only change should have been swapping the orange out for grey and ditching the front numbers.

This.

From this...

I miss these already. The Sharks were one of the last teams to unveil their original edge look and after an entire summer of panelled, piping laced atrocities with no hem stripes, these jerseys seemed like a godsend. Should have left this set alone since the organization wasn't capable of improving it...

The only change should have been swapping the orange out for grey and ditching the front numbers.

I'm a fan of removing the yoke as well

And maybe this.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Those are cool looking patches, however I too feel that they'll be wasted on a potentially ugly yellow jersey. We'll have to wait and see for sure though.

I will join the choir as well for suddenly becoming a big fan of the Sharks' previous look as opposed to their new set. I always felt their jersey was too cluttered. They needed to be more streamlined and simplified, but my god what they have now looks like a practice jersey. AND they kept the front numbers and the orange. Terrible all over.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I liked the black shoulder yoke. Ditching it would have been a mistake.

so it was a mistake then?

Well, eventually sharks players will complain that having sweater fabric over their shoulders are too heavy, so enjoy even having them, coloured or not, while you have them.

Well, eventually sharks players will complain that having sweater fabric over their shoulders are too heavy, so enjoy even having them, coloured or not, while you have them.

Now I'm doubly confused... The yoke is gone on all jerseys. It's not a matter of something happening down the line, like it or not.

Now I'm doubly confused... The yoke is gone on all jerseys. It's not a matter of something happening down the line, like it or not.

I meant something along the lines of having holes in the sweater where the yokes used to be.

Archived