2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

FWIW, I did a concept that blended the soon-to-be-former set and the late 1990s/2000s "star-patterned" sets (shameless plug alert):

4994005495_ce5dd2c743_b.jpg

I like your concept, just not sure it can be done with the EDGE template. With the EDGE jerseys, everything that is a different colour is a different panel on the jersey.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from what i gather, the logo is going to be a very familiar italic star (since that's been around since the franchise's inception in 1967) with a Big D overlayed.

I don't like the sound of that. Replacing the standalone star would be a big mistake.

Maybe it was a concept design.....but were there rumors that the Flyers were getting a black Alternate again?

Hmm, maybe a throwback to this?

eric-lindros-philadelphia-flyers-autographed-photograph-3310500.jpg

If they were to bring back the black I would rather they change it up. Instead of the white shoulders, try the orange. But then again it may be to halloween-ish.

1hqo41.jpg

Also Buffalo will have a new 3rd...

Black said he expects the team to unveil a new, third jersey for the 2013-2014 season. Yes, it will be blue-and-gold and feature the team's beloved original logo. What else is on the jersey is still being determined.

http://www.icethetic...s-for-2013.html

Knowing the Sabres awful track record for jerseys as of late, they will probably find some way to ruin it...

from what i've heard ,there will be nothing related to livestock or anything to make it a "western" themed identity, since that's a real sore spot with the fans.

i'm writing an article tonight for defendingbigd.com that is going to summarize what rumors there are and what has been confirmed by the organization and the mainstream media about the new look.

from what i gather, the logo is going to be a very familiar italic star (since that's been around since the franchise's inception in 1967) with a Big D overlayed. I've yet to see it, and I can't go into full details because I promised everyone I've talked to that I won't... but enough mainstream sources have mentioned the changes now that it's safe to say what i expect to see once the new look is unveiled.

Thank god the team is sticking to the Green and thank god the italicized star will remain. I just hope the team doesn't pull a Tampa Bay and drop the Gold and Black

Maybe it was a concept design.....but were there rumors that the Flyers were getting a black Alternate again?

Hmm, maybe a throwback to this?

eric-lindros-philadelphia-flyers-autographed-photograph-3310500.jpg

If they were to bring back the black I would rather they change it up. Instead of the white shoulders, try the orange. But then again it may be to halloween-ish.

1hqo41.jpg

I made this concept a while ago, I think this would be the proper direction to go with a new black alternate.

flyersblack.jpg

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

On the subject of the Sharks, I hope not, but are they going the route of phasing their teal out, a la the Jacksonville Jaguars? By wearing their black jerseys at home the last two postseasons, it leads me to believe that their teal jerseys' days might be numbered. I seriously hope not because they are "Team Teal" and they always looked great in them, so why get rid of it?

A black jersey for the Flyers is not a bad idea as long as it stays an alternate. I love the black jerseys that they came out with in the 1990s but hated how it replaced the orange one. Flyers are orange and black, not the other way around.

Black Flyers jerseys suck, just like most monochrome hockey uniforms suck. At least orange sleeves would give it some color, so they don't just look black and white. I hated watching them in black and white.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Black Flyers jerseys suck, just like most monochrome hockey uniforms suck. At least orange sleeves would give it some color, so they don't just look black and white. I hated watching them in black and white.

Agreed. The black jerseys were at the time a refreshing alternate, but had no business being the primary road jerseys. They're an orange team.

Those black Flyers jerseys were so lifeless, and I was downright angry when the orange sweaters got dumped in favor of them. The lack of a hem stripe really accentuated how dull they were.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived