ksupilot

2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

God help the sharks if they make it to the finals with that set

Especially with the memorial patch for their original owner on the front. Time for a change, time to toss the orange out of it uniform.

I just played NHL 2013 and noticed it there, but this pic confirms all of our hopes. The Lightning corrected their third jersey and changed the shoulder patch. They'll be wearing it tonight against Ottawa.

428121_10151299206537819_1366038420_n.jpg

I've said this before, but if the Lightning swapped the stupid "Bolts" wordmark for either logo they've had since 2007, those would've been an absolute home run of a jersey for a primary (even with the side piping)

I'd be happy with something like this.

ml2mj.png

Very nice. Almost didn't notice that you've removed that stupid apron piping. The logo still seriously needs black and silver, but that's a pretty good substitute for what they have now.

I just played NHL 2013 and noticed it there, but this pic confirms all of our hopes. The Lightning corrected their third jersey and changed the shoulder patch. They'll be wearing it tonight against Ottawa.

428121_10151299206537819_1366038420_n.jpg

I've said this before, but if the Lightning swapped the stupid "Bolts" wordmark for either logo they've had since 2007, those would've been an absolute home run of a jersey for a primary (even with the side piping)

I'd be happy with something like this.

ml2mj.png

Very nice. Almost didn't notice that you've removed that stupid apron piping. The logo still seriously needs black and silver, but that's a pretty good substitute for what they have now.

Give the logo a black drop shadow and a thin silver outline here or there and that's a damn near faultless jersey.

The way black and green bleed into each other on that jersey, it's almost like Yzerman's take on the rumours we've heard so far.

Sorry, can you explain what you mean by Stevie Y's take on rumors...? Rumors of ...?

Sharks are having a Buy One Get One Free sale on their white and teal replica jerseys for the next month. Hope this doesn't mean the atrocious black jerseys are getting promoted to primary status next season.

Somewhat of an unpopular opinion: I don't think the Sharks' alts are that bad. Sure, they don't look that good, but I wouldn't call them "atrocious". Obviously teal works better for the primary, but I think they'd make great alternates with a few tweaks. If they added hem stripes, a teal collar, and inverted the colours on the numbers (so they were teal with a white outline), they'd be great.

Good post. I think you hit on a pertinent topic, which is that teams are 1. Essentially lazy about their uniforms 2. Always looking for ways to update their look to bilk the public out of $$$. These two principles seem to be at odds with one another. I realize the league has restrictions on when / how many changes you can make, but at this point, here are a few ways teams could 1. Make their jerseys UNIFORM / correct mistakes from the past (made when RBK took over) and 2. Make more money

1. Kings - Simply add white / silver horizontal stripes to make it consistent with the away, which looks so much better. Also: Make use of the amazing purple sweater and simply make it the third. (Are people clamoring for that black with purple yokes???)

2. CBJ - Add the waist stripes

3. Isles - Switch orange and blue (from home jersey) and create an instant classic for your third

4. Avs - Go back to original (RBK can accommodate you at this point) or simply remove the vertical stripes, if nothing else. Also: simply add burgundy/black stripes to your third

5. Canucks - Switch the blue and green (from home jersey) and create an instant classic for your third.

6. Sens - Make it simple by wearing your multi-striped jersey but jazz it up with white helmet/ black pants at home and black helmet/red pants on the road. Why not? Be a trend-setter. You can't really do a "white version" of it. You can also use your updated Senator profile logo on a secondary jersey.

7. Yotes - (If you stay) Just put a white stripe at the bottom of these. Done.

8. Wild - (Debate aside over whether they're losing a great identity) - Bring the third up to primary home, white version for road (based on Aeros). Then, how about you use the wolf head on a red third (so you don't have 2 green jerseys) with a green helmet/ green pants. This would keep the wolf head relevant, but you'd be giving fans something they've never had: Large wolf head has only appeared on green and whites. Time to retire the circle logo. Seems simple enough.

9. Bruins - How is the winter classic yellow not in use? Swap it for the second black jersey.

10. Sabres - Try swapping the navy and yellow (from the home jersey) to create a third. Simple enough. Worth a shot.

11. Flames - Just go full-on retro. That seems to be what looks best anyway. Then try something new for a third. Sure, make it black. Go crazy!

12. Panthers - You moved in the right direction. How about just throwing in a waist stripe of yellow and navy. You can do it!

13. Pens - Just put back those diagonal lines like you used to have. It's easy!

14. Bolts - How about black/ white / blue stripes on waist and arms. Weren't you going to remember to use the black? Guess not.

15. Caps - Just make your third jersey your official away sweater. Go back to the retro home. Then keep your modern template but make it blue as a third. Why don't they have a blue jersey again?

These seem like SIMPLE color swaps or additions that can take a 2/10 jersey to a 6/10 jersey or higher, and it can give teams excuses to have unveilings/ parties / make more money.

Ultimately, I can't blame RBK anymore. I blame teams for stubbornness and stupidity.

Didn't see it mentioned, but the Blues are all wearing #6 jerseys with "Musial" as the name (player's actual number on the upper right chest). Afterwards, the jerseys will be autographed and auctioned off for charity.

Well, looks like it may have only been for warm-ups.

Of course it's only for warm-ups. Imagine being the commentator for a game where everyone has the same name and number. It's OK for baseball where everyone plays a static position. Not so much for hockey.

3F1Q4RV.png

Yeah, they're gone.

In good news, it seems like the Sharks' site seems to be replacing orange with grey.

3F1Q4RV.png

Yeah, they're gone.

In good news, it seems like the Sharks' site seems to be replacing orange with grey.

Please let this happen. Orange must go.

3F1Q4RV.png

Yeah, they're gone.

:shocked:

Jeez, Louise, sometimes I wish I lived in a non-traditional market. Cheap tickets, great freebies. You Americans get such nice deals.

I'll miss the orange, though.

I love the black armor and you guys are right by saying the front numbers really clutter the torso bad, especially with the new tribute patch.

73362101512986931426691.jpg

Well, looks like it may have only been for warm-ups.

Of course it's only for warm-ups. Imagine being the commentator for a game where everyone has the same name and number.

For some reason this made me laugh pretty hard. I don't know I guess I'm just feeling giddy tonight.

"And Musial passes to Musial, who passes over to Musial and Musial scores!!! Goal by number 6 Musial. Assisted by number 6 Musial and by number 6 Musial. Time of the goal 6 Musial by 6 Musial AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" :lol:

I love the black armor and you guys are right by saying the front numbers really clutter the torso bad, especially with the new tribute patch.

73362101512986931426691.jpg

It's even worse for the captains:

Joe+Thornton+Vancouver+Canucks+v+San+Jose+SoMcp9Zk-SRl.jpg

So San Jose is keeping the third jersey but switching the other 2? Sounds like the logo (maybe with the orange?) stays, and the uniforms ditch it.

3F1Q4RV.png

Yeah, they're gone.

20130117_Jersey_Sale3.jpg

This could also belong in the unpopular opinions thread but I really don't mind the orange as an accent color. I just think think they failed to utilize it well and left the jerseys looking too busy for what it's trying to accomplish. More or less I won't mind seeing it gone anyway

This could also belong in the unpopular opinions thread but I really don't mind the orange as an accent color. I just think think they failed to utilize it well and left the jerseys looking too busy for what it's trying to accomplish. More or less I won't mind seeing it gone anyway

considering the stars uniform are supposed to use a template very similar to the one the sharks are currently wearing, i find this change very interesting.

considering the stars uniform are supposed to use a template very similar to the one the sharks are currently wearing, i find this change very interesting.

Concept away, folks.