2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

It would be perfect with a rounded yoke.

But, maybe, that's a connection to Dallas. The two are like brother franchises...and certainly fight like brothers.

perfectly stated.

It might just be that RBK is promoting the square-r yokes because they're pushing a new design or "product." Carolina's was square, too...

I'm assuming a team can still go with the rounded yoke and RBK hasn't removed it from its bag of tricks...

I happen to like the square yoke, and the fact that Dallas and Minn both share green yokes (different shades of course) is a nice little tie-in. I think both teams look great, and their jersey match-up will be quite sharp. Both aways are kick-ass.

The Devils have had Square-ish yokes for a while, going back to the color change

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like the red jersey. I even think the current is better than their pre-edge version. This is one time where the removal of the hem stripe actually works.

Now, they should add the roundel shoulder patch to the green alt, remove the phantom yoke, and match the collar with the new road. I would keep the script on the front, and also keep the vintage white. Although this may be an unpopular opinion, I think the crest doesn't pop as much on a green background. The green kind of gets sucked in.

I really like it, which I'm surprised because the first time I thought of a road sweater based off of the alt. I couldn't get myself to like it.

But a couple of nitpicks, I, like, many other people here, would like to have seen rounded yokes with the roundel shoulder patch. Also the green C/A just seems a bit off with all of the red numbering.

Sharp looking. While I think the roundel logo on the shoulders is better than the crappy wordmark "logo" from before, it still sucks in my opinion. I don't know why Minnesota can't unveil a new secondary logo to put on the shoulders. Lets say a North star beaming down on a forest at night or whathaveyou. Anything beats a roundel or a wordmark.

Still pretty nice. Just make a green version to wear at home and you got yourself a winner.

The Catch of the Day!

It would be perfect with a rounded yoke.

But, maybe, that's a connection to Dallas. The two are like brother franchises...and certainly fight like brothers.

perfectly stated.

It might just be that RBK is promoting the square-r yokes because they're pushing a new design or "product." Carolina's was square, too...

Maybe, but the Devils have been using square yokes since well before the days of Reebok, so they're not a Reebok "innovation". Also, it would be pretty weird to start pushing teams to use them six years after you came into the league.

I think these are a big downgrade. Completely unnecessary, and they don't even solve the consistency issues. They still use that chunky font, the colour distribution is poor, and they have the yoke issues I mentioned above. And before some boob says that I'm complaining for the sake of complaining, I will laud a good design when I see one. Problem is, we haven't seen one in this league since Winnipeg and Nashville.

Those had weird collars, bad shoulder patches, and Performance Armpits. They were good, but not great.

Yeah, but those are three really fixable mistakes. The first and third wouldn't even exist under Reebok (though the collar they used on their now-old road wasn't great either).

-BigBubba

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

"It was important for our organization to maintain the primary Wild mark on the new road sweater," said Wild Vice President of Brand Marketing, John Maher in a press release. "We feel the theme of the white jersey fits well into our family of jerseys and wanted this sweater to have a unique look instead of being a reverse of our existing red and green jerseys."

Wasn't me.

Also, on Facebook, a lot of people were like "What's the difference?" or "They barely changed anything!". I get that we here are a different breed and that the normal fan isn't going to obsess over small details like us, but are most people really that ignorant over uniforms/changes?

-BigBubba

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think Minnesota's new jersey would look better if it was wheat instead of clean white. Their home and alternate jerseys have no white in them so why not keep it consistent throughout the set? It wouldn't be the first time fans in Minnesota have seen a team hit the ice in wheat:

AllStar04.png

I like the new Wild away sweater, the Wild look best when they have the bearhead on the front and use red as a very minor accent color (not in the striping). My hope is that they ditch the reds at some point and roll with both a green primary and alternate.

Archived