2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

All they need to do is fix the green. They should just:

- Remove the phantom yoke / make the yokes square

- Add the roundel shoulder patches to match the road

- Adjust the collar (make it green and wheat)

- Use the new number font, maybe add an outline.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very impressed with the new road sweater for the Wild. Glad they went with the primary logo on the front of the jersey.

Will the NHL ever let teams go back to wearing white at home, or at least let the home team choose to wear white/dark at home?

I miss the days of NHL teams wearing white at home.

I miss the days of NHL teams wearing white at home.

You're not alone in that regard. Don't worry, when sales of white jerseys start lagging in sufficient numbers, the league will switch to white-at-home. After all, that's why they switched to color-at-home.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So are they shooting for a green image and maybe downplaying red gradually down to a trim? I hope so. I like the red but not as a primary. Still a league dominated by red and blue.

Red (10)- Detroit, Chicago, New Jersey, Calgary, Florida, Carolina, Montreal, Ottawa, Phoenix, Washington

Blue (10)- Toronto, Columbus, Edmonton, NY Rangers, NY Islanders, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Buffalo

Black (4)- Los Angeles, Anaheim, Boston, Pittsburgh

Green (2)- Dallas, Minnesota

Orange (1)- Philly

Yellow (1)- Nashville

Off-Colors (2) - Colorado (Burgundy), San Jose (Teal)

sig.png

Now that we all know the changes of this offseason, heres my wish list for next summer:

1. Anaheim- Not necessarily a full rebrand, but use a dark green instead of black, or somehow fit green into your color scheme. And use the duck mask logo as a primary. At the very least get rid of the word mark. I think using the old sweaters in the outdoor game will only make people yearn for the duck mask more.

2. Colorado- Get rid of the terrible piping-infested set you have now. Go back to something based on your original look.

3. St. Louis- See Colorado.

4. Pittsburgh- Go back to any of the templates you've ever had. They're all better than the piece of garbage you have now. The team is regarded as being right up with the original six as far as achievements, exposure, history, etc. (Not exactly but you get the idea) and yet they wear possibly the most uninspired uniforms in the league.

5. Ottawa- See Pittsburgh. And go 2d Senator crest.

6. Florida- They took a step in the right direction a couple years ago, but the arm stripes and lack of hem stripe still bother me.

7. Phoenix- Add a hem stripe, and hell I wouldn't even mind a little bit of black trim to make it pop.

8. San Jose and Carolina- Undo what you just did.

Not too much to ask :)

sig.png

So are they shooting for a green image and maybe downplaying red gradually down to a trim? I hope so. I like the red but not as a primary. Still a league dominated by red and blue.

Red (10)- Detroit, Chicago, New Jersey, Calgary, Florida, Carolina, Montreal, Ottawa, Phoenix, Washington

Blue (10)- Toronto, Columbus, Edmonton, NY Rangers, NY Islanders, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Buffalo

Orange (1)- Philly

Yellow (1)- Nashville

Phoenix is burgundy, so -1 red team...down to 9.

Also, you can split the blue teams in half because some are royal (7), and some are navy (3). Those 2 shades are very different from one another. It's also incredible that the league is down to only 3 navy blue teams, considering half the league was primarily navy a few years ago.

Orange (1)- Philly

Yellow (1)- Nashville

Phoenix is burgundy, so -1 red team...down to 9.

Also, you can split the blue teams in half because some are royal (7), and some are navy (3). Those 2 shades are very different from one another. It's also incredible that the league is down to only 3 navy blue teams, considering half the league was primarily navy a few years ago.

Blue is blue dude. There are different shades of red as well.

sig.png

I actually prefer this red jersey to the original. The sleeves are the main reason. The original seemingly had a green box on each sleeve. I like how the phantom yoke shapes the green on the current sleeve. I totally agree with you on the lack of a hem stripe, but I just hated the sleeve on the original so much...

(I don't know why it's bolded; this friggin' new quote system is driving me nuts)

It's not like you need the phantom yoke to "shape" the green on the sleeves. Look at Detroit's road jersey.

Also, since we're all bereft of the Sharks' original unis, here.

-BigBubba

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived