2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

I don't mind if they keep it in the logo (prefer it if they didn't), its the orange in the unis that is just too much. Get rid of it.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SJ definitely has to get rid of the orange. It's just doesn't work. Same with the secondary shield logo w/ the sun. The original Teal/White/Gray is much sharper a look, essentially a modern classic. In general I like the logo update and don't mind if they keep it, even if it is a bit too Japanimation-ish, but the eye should be recoloured gray or white. The stick they can leave orange if they really wish to keep it somewhere, although something a bit more on the light brown side would probably be preferable as well.

Sharks are having a Buy One Get One Free sale on their white and teal replica jerseys for the next month. Hope this doesn't mean the atrocious black jerseys are getting promoted to primary status next season.

Somewhat of an unpopular opinion: I don't think the Sharks' alts are that bad. Sure, they don't look that good, but I wouldn't call them "atrocious". Obviously teal works better for the primary, but I think they'd make great alternates with a few tweaks. If they added hem stripes, a teal collar, and inverted the colours on the numbers (so they were teal with a white outline), they'd be great.

Good post. I think you hit on a pertinent topic, which is that teams are 1. Essentially lazy about their uniforms 2. Always looking for ways to update their look to bilk the public out of $$$. These two principles seem to be at odds with one another. I realize the league has restrictions on when / how many changes you can make, but at this point, here are a few ways teams could 1. Make their jerseys UNIFORM / correct mistakes from the past (made when RBK took over) and 2. Make more money

1. Kings - Simply add white / silver horizontal stripes to make it consistent with the away, which looks so much better. Also: Make use of the amazing purple sweater and simply make it the third. (Are people clamoring for that black with purple yokes???)

2. CBJ - Add the waist stripes

3. Isles - Switch orange and blue (from home jersey) and create an instant classic for your third

4. Avs - Go back to original (RBK can accommodate you at this point) or simply remove the vertical stripes, if nothing else. Also: simply add burgundy/black stripes to your third

5. Canucks - Switch the blue and green (from home jersey) and create an instant classic for your third.

6. Sens - Make it simple by wearing your multi-striped jersey but jazz it up with white helmet/ black pants at home and black helmet/red pants on the road. Why not? Be a trend-setter. You can't really do a "white version" of it. You can also use your updated Senator profile logo on a secondary jersey.

7. Yotes - (If you stay) Just put a white stripe at the bottom of these. Done.

8. Wild - (Debate aside over whether they're losing a great identity) - Bring the third up to primary home, white version for road (based on Aeros). Then, how about you use the wolf head on a red third (so you don't have 2 green jerseys) with a green helmet/ green pants. This would keep the wolf head relevant, but you'd be giving fans something they've never had: Large wolf head has only appeared on green and whites. Time to retire the circle logo. Seems simple enough.

9. Bruins - How is the winter classic yellow not in use? Swap it for the second black jersey.

10. Sabres - Try swapping the navy and yellow (from the home jersey) to create a third. Simple enough. Worth a shot.

11. Flames - Just go full-on retro. That seems to be what looks best anyway. Then try something new for a third. Sure, make it black. Go crazy!

12. Panthers - You moved in the right direction. How about just throwing in a waist stripe of yellow and navy. You can do it!

13. Pens - Just put back those diagonal lines like you used to have. It's easy!

14. Bolts - How about black/ white / blue stripes on waist and arms. Weren't you going to remember to use the black? Guess not.

15. Caps - Just make your third jersey your official away sweater. Go back to the retro home. Then keep your modern template but make it blue as a third. Why don't they have a blue jersey again?

These seem like SIMPLE color swaps or additions that can take a 2/10 jersey to a 6/10 jersey or higher, and it can give teams excuses to have unveilings/ parties / make more money.

Ultimately, I can't blame RBK anymore. I blame teams for stubbornness and stupidity.

I'm going to have to add St. Louis to this list. Very similar situation to Colorado. They had a great pre-edge set and they ruined it with that stupid apron piping.

Blues22.png

or even a modernized version of this:

Blues08.png

I really don't get it. Either one of those and you're instantly in the top looks in the league. Do it. You too Pittsburgh and Colorado.

sig.png

Way to similar I hope this isnt the route they take. I'm fearful of the tie-up collar being used.

They shouldn't. They are not the Minnesota North Stars. The Dallas Stars have no history of using laces, and they should be faithfull to their history.

Pittsburgh is in dire need of a fix. So is Ottawa. Watching their game yesterday had a bit of a rec-league feel to it. You had two teams wearing the same goofy template in different colors.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

A buddy of mine who owns a sporting goods store and has a Reebok account says the Penguins will have a new third jersey next year

Here's to the 91-92 jersey

Doesn't MA Fleury have the Robo-Pen on his new helmet? Fingers crossed...

Why do they insist on honouring the crappy teams that no one cares about from the 70s instead of the franchise's best-ever years?

Crossin my fingers also... hopin its the black set to be specific.

AP99022501279.jpg

90758391980.gif

I just played NHL 2013 and noticed it there, but this pic confirms all of our hopes. The Lightning corrected their third jersey and changed the shoulder patch. They'll be wearing it tonight against Ottawa.

428121_10151299206537819_1366038420_n.jpg

I've said this before, but if the Lightning swapped the stupid "Bolts" wordmark for either logo they've had since 2007, those would've been an absolute home run of a jersey for a primary (even with the side piping)

Yup, the blue and black looks awesome- especially with my black/blue Bauer pads.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

As excited as I am for the penguins' third and a possible return of the robo-pigeon, what I really want is for them to just re-do their entire uniform system. Last night reminded me of how them and Ottawa look basically the same and are two of the last teams still wearing Reebok click-and-fill crap, although to be fair I do think that pattern looks good with shoulder patches and in Ottawa colors. If only they'd fix the forward-facing senator logo or go to the superior profile senator logo.

The sweater Jags is sporting there screams 90's and should stay there. What I am hoping for is something completely new with the old colors and robo-pigeon.

He has one on his "throwback" mask for when they wear their thirds.

And I agree, black and modern striping belongs back in the Lighting's scheme. It just fits them, and I've always liked their current third. The current Maple Leaf Wings look is just wrong for them and, frankly, boring.

oBIgzrL.png

Way to similar I hope this isnt the route they take. I'm fearful of the tie-up collar being used.

They shouldn't. They are not the Minnesota North Stars. The Dallas Stars have no history of using laces, and they should be faithfull to their history.

Really though, they are. The franchise has almost 50 years of history, and their identity was carried over from the North Stars days. I'd be in favour of them sporting laces, provided they go with a traditional look.

Pittsburgh should bring back the white Robo-Pen jersey with a matching black jersey at home (no gradients - maybe as an alternate, but I've always wanted them to wear a jersey like the one Charger just posted). Alternatively, use the pre-Edge striping with the Robo-pen and athletic gold. But whatever you do, don't bring back the wannabe Rangers diagonal script.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

considering the stars uniform are supposed to use a template very similar to the one the sharks are currently wearing, i find this change very interesting.

This is great news! No Bettman stripes or wacky click and fill templates for the Stars. I really hope black gold and white stick around though.

A buddy of mine who owns a sporting goods store and has a Reebok account says the Penguins will have a new third jersey next year

Here's to the 91-92 jersey

Why do they insist on honouring the crappy teams that no one cares about from the 70s instead of the franchise's best-ever years?

Crossin my fingers also... hopin its the black set to be specific.

AP99022501279.jpg

I know the RBK rep from Pittsburgh. I will see his wife tomorrow and Mario's sis-in-law works with me...but she's very weird about talking hockey and the fam. I'll try to get some answers tomorrow or Wed. at the latest. I'd really hope they ditch Vegas in favor of Athletic, but that's Mario's baby and the new arena's seats are vegas so I doubt that'll ever happen...Probably another blue monstrostiy :(

KISSwall09.jpg

As excited as I am for the penguins' third and a possible return of the robo-pigeon, what I really want is for them to just re-do their entire uniform system. Last night reminded me of how them and Ottawa look basically the same and are two of the last teams still wearing Reebok click-and-fill crap, although to be fair I do think that pattern looks good with shoulder patches and in Ottawa colors. If only they'd fix the forward-facing senator logo or go to the superior profile senator logo.

The sweater Jags is sporting there screams 90's and should stay there. What I am hoping for is something completely new with the old colors and robo-pigeon.

Well at least now the profile logo will actually be making an appearance on the ice once in a while.

http://www.daveart.com/mask-gallery/set/72157632599663793/default.aspx

Archived