ksupilot

2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

Steve Ott with the leak...

BTVM9xnCcAIdNrK.jpg

BTVNDgaCAAEeIKU.jpg

Sodboy named this thing THE MULLET on twitter.

That's its name now! That's what we're calling it!

Steve Ott with the leak...

BTVM9xnCcAIdNrK.jpg

BTVNDgaCAAEeIKU.jpg

First of all, as a Sabres fan, a jersey fan, and a designer. I hate these. I hate the different color front and backs. With the team is skating it's going to look like two different teams. It looks like they sat on a bench with wet paint and got blue paint on their back. Irrelevant white stripe across the front. The addition of grey, seems pointless and poorly executed on the end of the sleeves and the numbers.

NOT TO MENTION... IT MATCHES NOTHING ON THEIR CURRENT SET!!!

7123022.jpg

It looks like a bad practice jersey. Along with the introduction of a new number/name font, which matches nothing in their current brand. They finally go rid of the buffaslug, the brought back the right crest, colors, etc. It was all looking great, until this... Why...

How is the giant nameplate going to work for players with more than 3 letters in their name?

One of many questions

I TOLD YA I'D SHOOT, BUT YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDN'T YOU BELIEVE ME?!?

Wow. Those are bad. There's so many things wrong; the useless lines of silver thrown in every which way, front/back colour differences, unappealing font...I can go on. It looks like four different jersey ideas just smashed together.

So was the Ott thing a set-up?

Oh absolutely.

I ask that because Ott seems like a bit of a hot-head, and now the Sabres' first images of their new sweaters are (a) clearly not professional and (B) blurry.

holy moly that's awful. Especially the back! Weird grey number, BIG GIANT NAME.

And haha go figure it would be goddamn Steve Ott ruining something for everyone. Like who else would it have been.

Nice work, Sabres! You had everyone going there for a second. Those never-ending teasers and then the Ott reveal...flawless execution.

Oh. It's real. Okay. Sweet. Cool. Yeah.