2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

I don't like to play "Preemptive back-seat mod" but I would suggest banishment of anyone that comes here and says "you guys just hate everything don't you" in regards to this horrible jersey. Why would anyone like it?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm really surprised at how much I like this. It'd be a lot better if the back of the sweater was yellow, but the cape effect isn't THAT bad. At least it's something creative and not a lazy Original Six ripoff.

Flame away. B)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

So was the Ott thing a set-up?

Probably.

---

My first impression on seeing the front. OK. It's not terrible. Could've been worse. The Buffalo text is pointless though. New collar is interesting. I kinda like the "sabre stripes" going down the sleeves. Don't like the grey dips at the end. Why is the front a darker shade of gold than the sleeves? It's more orange than yellow, and looks out of place with the rest of the uniform.

THEN I look at the back. The "cape effect" predictions were spot on, but that's not a good thing. It just looks strange and will look even weirder on the ice. The number font is horrific, why couldn't they just use the name and number font from the home jersey if the back of this one is going to be the same colour anyway? Why the :censored: are the numbers grey.

Say what you will about the Buffaslug jerseys. Logo aside, those were pretty nice. Although if I were a Sabres fan, I would take those any day over this third. This is by far the worst uniform they've ever unveiled.

It's their turd jersey.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Yeah, it looks like very little effort was put into the new 3rd jersey. It seems like they skipped the final stages to the design and just released a prototype. God those numbers are bad!

On the contrary, I think too much effort was put into the Buffalo jerseys. They are just way overdesigned. Too many bells and whistles and horns that play La Cucaracha.

How is the giant nameplate going to work for players with more than 3 letters in their name?

One of many questions

Or better yet, how will the giant numbers work for players with 2-digit numerals on that limited amount of navy space on the back.

The "different color for the back" can work if its in the same tone, say two dark colors, You could imagine another team with red on the front and blue on the back, but yellow on front and dark blue on the back don't work,

There's the confusion problem also, like previoulsy posted here. They can't wear this against a team that sport blue on the back. I'am for out of the box things but this is too far.

I won't add to many good comments here.

There's the confusion problem also, like previoulsy posted here. They can't wear this against a team that sport blue on the back. I'am for out of the box things but this is too far.

Err, how about they'll wear these at home, with the visiting team wearing their white roads? Out of all the complaints I've read, this is the most ill conceived one.

OttawaSenators.png

Not a huge fan of the third jersey... but I guess living in Buffalo, after the red/black experiment... the slug... the third jersey... ain't all that bad. I have witnessed worse.

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

Archived