2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, trust me, those aren't better.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Pretty much my opinion:

BTXB9R_CYAEVaIT.png

That was the first thought I had when i saw it. So basic and dull. The lettering I do like. That's about the only positive I take from this. Probably the worst one of the summer.

It's terrible, but how is this jersey basic and dull?

PvO6ZWJ.png

I guarentee that jersey will not sell much. Who wants to walk around in a cape?

The Buffaslug topped sales charts when it was first unveiled, and that's probably the best case in the modern era of an overwhelmingly negative response changing management's mind. This thing will likely sell more then it should just because it's new, and hey, fans like new things. Especially dumb fans.

I don't like to play "Preemptive back-seat mod" but I would suggest banishment of anyone that comes here and says "you guys just hate everything don't you" in regards to this horrible jersey. Why would anyone like it?

I'm really surprised at how much I like this. It'd be a lot better if the back of the sweater was yellow, but the cape effect isn't THAT bad. At least it's something creative and not a lazy Original Six ripoff.

Flame away. B)

The timing couldn't have been better folks.

I'd like to know how this is acceptable but the Dallas Stars (a team that's existed since the 60s) going with a traditional design is somehow a travesty. Between this and the Islanders' black alternates it's clear that trying to do to much design-wise just isn't working in the NHL. Yeah, the super traditional fad went way to far in Tampa Bay and Carolina's cases, but I'll take simple waist and hem stripes over this....abomination.

Every design choice is baffling, save for the logo. I'm suprised they didn't just use the slug, considering how every single element at play here has been misued or is just plain bad.

Someday the Red Wings will succumb to the tide of history and do something like this. Just hoping I'm six underground when it happens.

Nah, they're safe. Reebok already tried, if I remember correctly. I remember hearing that Reebok's initial batch of Edge sweaters included a Red Wings set that included black outlines and silver highlights. It also included a Montreal Canadiens sweater that only had the chest stripes on the front of the torso and the jerseys were all meant to be tucked in.

Off topic a bit, but do you think the whole way the jerseys were revealed, was a publicity stunt?

It probably was, but I don't get the "why?" of it all. A bunch of pointless teasers followed by an in-house leak? Ok. Whatever. When it comes to trolling via teasers the Tiger-Cats did it right.

Here's what it could look like without the cape:

oZZC9wq.png

Better, IMO.

That's already a huge improvement. Why the ever thought the cape was a good idea...

and it's not even cape-like! It's gonna look like a tucked-in cape because of their blue pants!

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived